“comfortable accommodation for a reasonable price”

Travelodge Waterford
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Dublin, Ireland
“comfortable accommodation for a reasonable price”
Reviewed February 1, 2011

Great hotel for short rest after long trip. Staff is friendly and very hospitable, rooms clean and comfortable. Good accommodation for a small price.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Carla22m, Manager at Travelodge Waterford, responded to this review, February 3, 2011
Hi there,
Thank you for taking the time to write your positive review -
they are always welcome.
We hope you stay with us again soon.
Kind regards,
Marlena

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2010

I have recently stayed at this Travelodge and the first thing I must say is a big thank you to the lady on reception who was so honest when I complained about my freezing room.
She tells me that the manager has instructed the staff to turn off the heaters in some of the rooms and turn them on later.
She said that the manager gave the same instructions last year and they got several compaints about the coldness and dampness and when the staff passed this on to the manager the manger did not want to hear about it as she thinks she is doing the owner a favor by saving electricity.
This is a rediculous practice and if I could speak to the owner about this I would!
I understand that cuts need to be made in all industries but I can not believe that the owner would approve such actions and this is backed up from what the receptionist told me about the Manager doing this off her own back.
If this review is read by Travelodges Head Office then could they please bring it to the owners attention what is happening as I and my friends will not stay there again until this practice has been stamped out.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Carla22m, Manager at Travelodge Waterford, responded to this review, November 24, 2010
Hi Fiona
I was very sorry that you have been mislead. I want to reassure you that the heaters are left on at all times in the winter times.
Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this matter with me.
Kind regards
Marlena

Travelers are raving about these Waterford hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Had a great time at the Travelodge in Waterford, the place was clean, well maintained and the service from the staff was exceptional. Would definately return.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Carla22m, Manager at Travelodge Waterford, responded to this review, November 8, 2010
Hi there,

Thanks for writing your review about your stay at Travelodge Waterford

I'm glad we met your standards.

Regards,
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Shame, first day of holiday,I apoligised to my wife for subjecting a her to such poor start. I know it was an en stop, but no shower tap!. not clean. manager not available to sort any problems did not even have the courtesy to contact me.Sorry Travelodge you won't see us again!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Hi there, Thank you for your comments – we can never improve unless we get feedback from our customers. I apologize for the bad experience you had at our hotel. I would be grateful if you contact me directly to discuss these issues further. Unfortunately I have only just been forwarded your comments and therefore have only become aware of these issues
Kind regards, Marlena
cheshire
Reviewed September 11, 2010

What a let down this travelodge was.

It is situated right next to a drive thru' MacDonalds,all you could hear all night was the revving engines of the boy racers who seem to gather there.On the other side is Woodies DIY store.
The hotel is tired looking inside,the staff were all Polish,and the receptionist didn't seem to understand what we were saying. The room was very run down,the bed linen was clean but worn and pillow cases ripped.Our room had a big tear in the carpet and our friends room had a huge divot in their carpet.
The one good thing was breakfast at Eddie Rockets !

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Carla22m, Manager at Travelodge Waterford, responded to this review, September 23, 2010
Hi there! We would like to thank you for taking the time share your experience and also for your honest and constructive comments regarding our hotel here in Tripadvisor. I am sorry you felt we did not meet your standards this time, but I can assure you that all your comments are taken into serious consideration and used as tools. Kind regards, Marlena
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 30, 2010

I found the hotel to have a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere, one which really took me by surprise in comparison to previous hotels that i have stayed in. Excellent rates and a comforting environment make it a truly satisfying place to stay !

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Hi there,

On behalf of the staff at Travelodge Waterford– thank you for your positive comments.
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Take care,
Lincolnshire
Reviewed August 13, 2010

Before we checked into our room our experience of this Travelodge was not good! We arrived an hour before check-in time and asked if our youngest daughter who is seven could use the toilet as she was desperate. The receptionist said no as we were unable to check in until 3pm, we said that we understood this but could she just use the toilet and were told no! We spent one night at this hotel and it was the worse experience I have ever had of a Travelodge and I have stayed in many. My daughters duvets had no covers on them, the remote control didn't work because there was only one battery in it. The room was very tired and the carpet hadn't been hoovered properly from the previous occupants. There was mould on the ceiling in the bathroom and on the shower curtain. The room smelt of stale urine and I spent the night scratching so didn't get much sleep. Needless to say we didn't spend much time in our room and left as quickly as possible the next day.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jacqui43
Carla22m, Manager at Travelodge Waterford, responded to this review, August 16, 2010
Dear Guest,
On behalf of Travelodge Waterford, kindly accept our sincere apologies for not giving you the high standard of hospitality which is the general norm of our hotel..
We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you because of this.
I am sure you would overlook the mistake on our part this time and would continue your business association with us.
We reassure you of our co-operation and look forward to a more positive association with you in the future.
Kind regards,