“Avoid and sleep in your car”

Travelodge Waterford
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Meath Ireland
“Avoid and sleep in your car”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Our visit started with a sour receptionist trying to charge us again for our stay even though we had paid on line. Went up to our room and the smell of air freshner was disgusting. Our ensuite ceiling was covered in mould and the curtain rail was covered in rust. Lay on the bed in our clothes as the bed was questionable. Stayed in room for 5 hours but had to get up and leave. Couldnt even have shower due to dirt in shower. Corridors smelled really bad of smoke. Door of our room had crow bar marks where obviously someone had broken in and rough repair was done. Save your money and sleep in your car!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fiona G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed in room 41 on a Tuesday night in September 2013. Was kept awake all night (12 midnight to 5am!!!) by young adults smoking and drinking at the hotel entrance/smoking area. No phone in room to complain to reception. I complained to the Hotel Manager when I got up to start work at 7am after 2 hours sleep!! He apologised and said I would be refunded at least half of the room rate (Euro 61), but it would take a few days to go through as I booked and prepaid online. 3 weeks later and no refund! I called the hotel and spoke to a incompetent receptionist, who laughed when I went through the whole story again. After much unnecessary talk, I finally discovered the manager had left. The receptionist said he would make "no commitments" about a refund and would talk to the area manager and call me back in 2 days when the "very busy" area manager was visiting the hotel. 4 days passed and still no phone call and no refund. I called back to speak to the receptionist and was told he would be in at 3pm and would call me back.....no call. I emailed the area manager and got an email back from him saying he would look into it and contact me on Monday. Surprise, surprise Monday has come and gone and he never got back to me. Now not only did I loose a full nights sleep, I have lost unknown the time and money dealing with this incompetent company. My advise....don't bother.

Room Tip: NOT room 41 or anywhere overlooking the hotel entrance/smoking area
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Karen J
David R, Manager at Travelodge Waterford, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
K_J,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your comments.
As per my email to you I hope that the refund situation is now fully resolved and that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Travelodge in the near future. Its disappointing that the noise from other guests disturbed your night sleep but I can assure you we do our utmost to ensure our guests have a great nights sleep. Once Again many thanks for your comments and your review.

Regards

David

Travelers are raving about these Waterford hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Arrived a little early and sent away - reception was unfriendly and property in need of upgrade. Comparing stays for a month in Ireland this was the poorest one. Had printed out booking page which included breakfast but the hotel had no note about it. gave us a breakfast pack.

Room Tip: The internet pictures of the property are somewhat misleading. Room was average but glad to move o...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

Waterford
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The first 3 nights were great,stayed in room 16.
The last night was awful stayed in room 7, i think. It was awful the room smelt the sink and bath were badly chipped.I felt because the first time we stayed we stayed for 3 nights we had a better room. The last night we only stayed for 1 night and it did'nt matter to you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Booked a family room - given a double
When I queried it, was told they had nothingg else. they brought a mattress up, expected me to make that bed myself, and work out myself how the sofa worked for a 2nd bed. Only when I insisted was I shown where the 2nd bed was. No one seemed bothered. I left a number so manager could call the next day. He didn't, so not even an apology. Fittings in the bathroom were broken. The place was scruffy. A dreadful dreadful place, and not only will I never stay at Travleodge Waterford again, I will never stay at Travelodge ANYWHERE. You should be ashamed, having a family arrive at 11pm at night and the family room they booked is not given to them. I wasn't even pre-warned at reception. We were left to make our way to the room, with 2 young children, to find there was only one bed in it. ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE.

Room Tip: Don't choose this place - I wouldn't even grace it by calling it a hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Yvonne H
Chester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We only stayed here for one night, but it was very pleasant. The room was clean and every thing was satisfactory in our family room. The location was quiet, but very far out of town 30 minute walk! Also there was no restaurant but I think that was temporary as there was a partially burnt down building next door. The staff were brilliant, very helpful about what to do in Waterford and even looked after our bags after we checked out so we didn't have to cart them around town all day before catching our train.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Gold Coast
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed here on our roadtrip around Ireland and chose it for price it's position within our larger journey.
Yes the hotel is out of town and appears to be in a bit of a dodgy area but as a place to crash it's just fine.
There is a fantastic SuperValu supermarket less than 5 mins walk away which has some great fresh and healthy options. We got a heap of stuff from here for our dinner back in the room as we didn't feel like driving anywhere for a feed. There is also a Maccas next door.
Downtown Waterford is less than 10 mins drive if you want to go further afield for dinner.
Room itself was about what was expected from the chain but again, more than adequate for what we were after.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple