“Fantastic”
Review of Bellissimo

Bellissimo
Ranked #44 of 188 Restaurants in Waterford
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A Mediterranean dining experience to savour! Always a pleasure. Bellissimo is a tried and tested favourite, that is almost without comparison in Waterford City. Our aim is to welcome each and every customer and make every effort to ensure that they enjoy their dining experience with us.Casual dining, high quality food at value for money prices.... Ranging from finest Chargrilled Steaks and local Seafood to traditional Pizza's and scrumptious Pasta dishes. One of our highlights is our artisan Cocktail List which has been added recently along with a great range of Beers and Spirit's.Each meal is cooked to order. All menu's are available on our website. Seating for 80.Beautiful South facing sunny balcony. Ample free car parking. Enjoy a pre dinner drink in our "Snug". Truly "A Restaurant for all occasions "
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Myself and my husband went to Bellissimo over the weekend. Food was excellent!!! We both went for early bird menu- great value! Staff was very helpful, friendly and professional. Cozy and relaxing atmosphere, huge selection of wine. We really enjoyed our visit.

Tony M, Owner at Bellissimo, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us that you enjoyed your visit recently.
We are genuinely happy and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Kindest regards,
Tony

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Been here a few times as I work in the hospital near by and have never enjoyed the experience not many vegetarian dishes on the menu so usually opt for a pizza which lately the last two have been burnt on the edges and soggy in the middle. People with me and also been unimpressed with the food they got like 4 prawns in a salad for €9.95 really??!!

Find the staff rude asked for a extra sprinkling of cheese on my risotto and got asked "would you like some risotto with your cheese" another time needed change for a Birthday card and asked could I have two €10 for a €20 to be told "we are not a bank" after four of us has spent at least €20 each on average food and overpriced drinks!

Will defiantly not be back and will choose to go to the nicer and more laid back and friendly cafes/pubs in the area.

6  Thank Summerfun75
Tony M, Owner at Bellissimo, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

I think this is the first time that my response to a review is one based on the fact that I believe the content of the review is very dubious. You have never reviewed any other restaurant, hotel, venue, attraction etc. You have no personal details on your profile......so our valued customers might understand if I seem sceptical at best , annoyed at worst
While people are entitled to an opinion and have the right to express it, no member of my staff would be rude as you've described.
In Bellissimo we are noted for our excellent service and friendliness.

But even with that said, we will have a conversation in the resturant and use your feedback as a prompt to reinforce our service charter.
By the way we don't have a salad with prawns on our menu

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Tonight was my 4th visit and last one. I have never walked out of a restaurant in my life, but before sitting down i decided that there is a first time for everything. I arrived with my family to an empty restaurant and declined the offer of a tabled in their kids section, apparently the presence of my 3 daughters ment that we were not entitled to sit anywhere else( despite pre booking). I don't blame the staff, their poor skills says more about the ethos of the restaurant than it does about them. Not to worry, welcomed with open arms by La Palma on the Mall and thoroughly enjoyed celebrating my youngest 6th birthday. My experience might explain why this Restaurant is ranked number 50 in Waterford city( not exactly a culinary centre of excellence)!

6  Thank John B
Tony M, Owner at Bellissimo, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Sir,

we welcome all feedback and to be clear we are in a business where we provide a service to the best of our ability where people have high expectations of us . But I say to you if a customer is determined not to make the smallest of efforts to enjoy their experience, the reality is , they won't. This is most definitely regrettable, but only tempered by the fact that it is a very rare happening in our restaurant.

We are thrilled to serve 100's of customers every week and the high quality and consistency of our food is not determined by our rankings in Tripadvisor, which doesn't lead our business. Our

You arrived yesterday at 6pm with your wife and three children at the start of a busy Saturday nights service which we were fully booked for. You were shown to a table which we felt would best suit your needs and also took note of the fact that you were one of the last groups to reserve a table. The table we reserved for you was unacceptable to you....we relooked at our table plan to see how we could best accomodate your wishes and made an alternative table available to you. This again was unacceptable to you.
Maybe you didn't understand what we were saying when we were trying to highlight to you that other reservations were due to arrive and we were working with a table plan which was formed over many days. If that was the case i apologise
At this stage our staff felt slightly threatened by you and your youngest child did in fact start crying which was very sad. Thankfully you decided to leave then. I do hope your children were not too upset

I am very proud of my staff and the way they handled a very difficult situation that wasn't of their making yesterday. I say again we are at our customers service, but we expect an appropriate level respect at all times as we go about this task.

Your sincerely,

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Had early bird here on a Sunday evening, would highly recommend and have no complaints...5 stars all the way

Tony M, Owner at Bellissimo, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Shane, thank you for visting Bellissimo, i think it was your first visit although your partner has I believe enjoyed dining with us on a couple of occasions in the past while.
We appreciate your feedback and rest assured we welcome each of the 5 stars that you've given us!!
We offer a great Early Bird menu on an ongoing basis and have an even better offer for a limted time only, so make sure you enjoy again in the next week or so.

We lookk forward to your next visit !

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have been a customer in the old Bellissimo Restaurant and after not very pleasant experience I decided I will never go back again. This time one of my friends suggested we give it a second chance as the restaurant moved to a new and much nicer premises. Well...I guess this was definitely my last visit. I did not enjoy my pizza, it came oval shaped and very dry, almost burnt. My friend ordered a pasta dish which was too heavy to eat. For the price we paid for our meals and drinks we could have gone to a much better restaurant where we would enjoy our dinner.

4  Thank wwwjohn
Tony M, Owner at Bellissimo, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Firstly, I regret that you didn't enjoy your meal with us.
I am surprised on a number of points you've made, because ultimately I am 100% sure that we would do anything you asked of us to ensure you experienced the opposite.......we always ask each of our diners during their main course whether or not everything is as they expected. If whatever reason it is not, we would right it there and then.
We are pleased to serve 100's of customers in any one week and can guarantee that the absolute majority of them are very content with their meals, which include many pasta's and pizza's but mostly great local seafood and fine steaks.
But this wasn't the case for you and again for that i apologise.
It's diificult for us to see where the problem was particularly when this review has two preceding one's stating "Excellent" and "Amazing".
Can I take this opportunity to suggest to all people visiting any restaurant, not just ours, if you have something that you are not happy about, talk with the staff. they are there to serve you.

Kind regards,