1,431 results
All reviewsmunster roompresidential suiteprivate islandcar ferrygolf clubself cateringdriving rangeclaw foot tubrose suitefairy taleround of golfwashing machinesitting roomfamily weddingold worldfrom start to finishreception area
Reviewed December 3, 2017

Wow! This may be my favorite place I have ever stayed! The main room was beautifully decorated for Christmas, and there was a roaring fire in the fireplace! It was so cozy, and the staff made us feel so welcome! I can't wait to go back!! :)

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank amoe1
Reviewed December 1, 2017

This was our third time to stay at the hotel, and it was better than ever ! The staff are excellent and were very attentive to us. They were always smiling and made us feel at home. The bar and den were so relaxing and the food in the restaurant was excellent too ! The room and bathroom were classic Irish and we would not change a thing. It was so quiet and peaceful and the grounds were so beautiful. We are so glad we stayed here again, and will be back !

Room Tip: The Suites are the best !!
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank sakman56
Reviewed November 29, 2017 via mobile

When booking by to stay here; I informed them I would be going to the golf club for food and also to watch Ireland’s World Cup bid on the tv.
I checked in; beautiful room although a bit chilly. Beautiful hotel.
When I got to the golf club; there was two customers and two wait staff. I asked could I sit anywhere , when I was asked did I have a reservation!!!!
I looked around and asked was she serious. She said yes when I stated that I was a resident of the hotel. It was irrelevant.
In the middle of November when things are quiet , you have to have a booking.
Her laziness and lack of enthusiasm for her job did not want to be serving me.
Raging; I rang McLearys there and then. No problem. They had a table. AND THEY were busy!!!!
I’m still livid with that waitress on a power trip and just as livid with reservations for not stating it earlier.
Bad training and bad attitudes destroyed my visit.
P.S the rest of the staff could not have been nicer. The porter/ waiter was especially nice as was the lady serving breakfast.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo
2  Thank TheMongrel1
Reviewed November 27, 2017

We had a very nice Sunday afternoon tea. €30 per head. It was excellent in every way - really good food, service and atmosphere. There was no problem with us asking for top ups of teas and coffee. I would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank OwenAndrew1983
Reviewed November 24, 2017

My husband and I just spent 2 nights/day here and it was perfect! Staff are excellent and the fact that it is on an island really adds to the 'get away from it all' feeling. Room was very well appointed. Food was excellent - particularly breakfast when we were told 'we could have whatever we wanted'. A walk around the island is the perfect pre-breakfast amuse bouchee. A gem - congratulations to management and staff. You should be proud of what you do.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple