1,431 results
All reviewsmunster roompresidential suiteprivate islandcar ferrygolf clubself cateringdriving rangeclaw foot tubrose suitefairy taleround of golfwashing machinesitting roomfamily weddingold worldfrom start to finishreception area
Reviewed October 24, 2017

My husband and I stayed here on our first night in Ireland. Everything from check-in to check-out was seamless. The room was spacious, bed comfortable and I loved the footed bathtub. I was extremely jet lagged so we ordered room service and I promptly went to bed. My husband went out and walked the property thanks to tips provided at the front desk. Breakfast in the morning was wonderful. We both sat by the cozy fireplace in the lobby, drank coffee and relaxed before checking out. Each one of the staff members was so friendly and accommodating. I was sad we could only stay one night. Would definitely recommend to any traveler.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank erinmiche26
Reviewed October 22, 2017

This was by far the coolest place I have ever stayed in. Who wouldn't want to stay in an actual castle on an island! Right when you want up to the front door you know this place is special with an authentic creaky huge wooden front door. I would rate the experience and atmosphere 10 out of 5 stars. The rooms on the other hand need some maintenance and basic up keep. We stayed in the Executive Suite and the other couple we were traveling with stayed in the Suir Suite. Both rooms were huge including a large bedroom and separate parlor/sitting area, but both rooms had very different feels due to the decor of the room. Also they could do a better job of cleaning and the rooms felt a little dingy overall. But I would totally recommend this resort for those looking for a unique one of a kind place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jdog99
Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

We are from Texas and we booked 2 rooms at the Waterford castle over 2 months ago. When we arrived at the ferry a sign read that the castle was closed for a wedding! They gave us a room at one of their lodges. We could not even look around the castle!! The wedding party reserved the lobby for drinks, the entire restaurant for dinner and the entire bar for drinks!! All they would say is “I’m sorry there is nothing we can do”

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
8  Thank Dovoyles
Bernadette W, General Manager at Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our Island Resort. Unfortunately the booking was made on a third part site, and unfortunately the third party site, listed us as Waterford Castle, of which we are. However that site has eluded to offering their guest Waterford Castle when in fact as the rates reflects, they are indeed selling our Island Lodges and not the Castle.

We have put a lot of energy into resolving this with all third party sites and have removed some sites who continued to make this error. I apologize as I know this is not what you had planned for your stay with us. Please know this has been rectified and our guest are now fully informed and we closely monitor all third party sites.
We do hope you will return, and ask that you please contact us directly and please know we will make ensure your booking is correct and offer you our best rate as a valued Waterford Castle member.
Sincere apologies,

Reviewed October 21, 2017

My husband and I spent one night at Waterford Castle Hotel in early May. We moved to Ireland last December, and over the past year we've had a chance to experience many hotels around the country, including a couple other castles. To me the coolest part about staying here is that it's on an island and you have to take a short car ferry to get to it.

The view of the front of the castle and all the grounds around it are very pretty. And inside, both in the public areas and our room, it definitely had much more of the vibe of a legitimate castle than the other two castles we've stayed at, Ballynahinch and Dromoland. Depending on what you're looking for, this could either be a good or not so good aspect. I loved the look and feel of the public areas, but for me our room was a bit too old fashioned, particularly the bathroom with the shower over a claw foot tub with a curtain pulled narrowly around it.

We went on a long walk around the island before dinner, which I'd recommend doing. For dinner we opted to have a casual dinner in the bar vs the restaurant, but for some reason they ended up serving in the breakfast room which was too bad since the bar was beautiful. Breakfast the next morning was better, with a table right next to a window with a great view. After checking out we played a round of golf at the course, which was beautiful, before heading home. Overall we had a pretty good experience staying at Waterford Castle.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
TheIslandResort, Guest Relations Manager at Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we do appreciate your feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at the 16th Century Castle, "It definitely had much more of the vibe of a legitimate castle than the other two castles we've stayed at".

We look forward to your return and ask you to please contact us directly now as you are a valued, Waterford Castle family member we are happy to offer you the best possible rates when you book directly with us.

With best wishes,

Reviewed October 18, 2017

Beautiful castle, with lovely grounds. I enjoyed walking all the way around the island during my stay. Dining options on the island are limited, but I had excellent meals in both the main dining room and the bar. Staff was friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, my room- the Glin Room- was right up the stairs from the dining room and bar, with the bed positioned against the stairway wall, so it was very noisy. It wasn't a problem during the day, but even with earplugs, I was woken up both nights by the staff vaccuming downstairs- once at 1:45am and once at 4:45am. Otherwise, it was a 5-star stay, but definitely have to drop a couple stars based on that experience!

Room Tip: Avoid the Glin room!
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we do appreciate your feedback. We have reviewed you concerns on the noise of your room and have adjusted some areas to help alleviate this noise issue and our night staff duties.
Thank you for your kind review even with being woken up "Beautiful castle, with lovely grounds."

We hope your return to Ireland and to stay with us in the future as you are a valued, Waterford Castle family member we are happy to offer you the best rates when you book directly with us.
With warm wishes,