“Beautiful on the inside”
Review of Granville Hotel

Granville Hotel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Beautiful on the inside”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We recently stayed one night at the Granville Hotel. It is located on a street near the water and within walking distance of many attractions. The elegance was apparent as soon as we entered. The lobby is small was beautifully decorated and welcoming. Our room was quite large with ample sitting space (including a bay window), a desk and chair, a queen bed, and a twin bed. There was also an armoire and two comfortable chairs. The bathroom was somewhat small but there was adequate counter space. It appeared that the room had recently been renovated, however, it did not lose any charm during the update. I especially enjoyed the staircase in the hotel. It was not like many of the more modern hotels where there is nothing to see on the way down. It was like being in an enormous house! The breakfast was served in the dining room/restaurant. The service was fantastic! The breakfast consisted of a variety of hot & cold items.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again if I am in the area!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
Westlake, Ohio
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I spent one night at the Granville Hotel in Waterford. I could have spent a few more if time were available. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The personnel couldn't have been nicer. The front desk was extremely helpful in suggesting stores to shop. There was a lovely dining room and bar where you can get a great lunch at a reasonable price. Breakfast was included with the room and a wonderful breakfast it was. I suggest you stay at the Granville for the dining experience alone! Next time I'm in Ireland, I will surely stop again.

Room Tip: All the rooms were good ones I was told from the family/friends I was traveling with.
NE Oklahoma
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Very nice hotel. Lots of good food. Outstanding rooms and wonderful service. Conveniently located to everything. Soft comfy beds and plenty of amenities. Clean. The only issue we had was a pub right under our window but I'm sure if you get in the middle of the front upper floor you will be fine. We enjoyed it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I rarely write reviews, however I feel I must for the Granville Hotel. I am a group General Manager of three five star hotels in Wales and know a little about quality and service.

Meeting with family in the area, we decided to stay at The Granville based on the tripadvisor reviews. We booked in for two nights.... And in fact I am writing this review on our second day (Tuesday 1st July), sitting in the bar enjoying a beer after a long day out in the sun.

Where do I start? Arriving at the hotel we were greeted at reception with a wonderful smile and check in was seamless. We were informed about the car parking opposite and were offered help with out luggage.

The receptionist was outstanding, giving us all the information we needed about the hotel, dining, bars and local information. A credit to the hotel.

We booked dinner for 8.30pm and decided to have a cheeky Gin and tonic before dinner in the well appointed bar. Again, service from ALL of the bar staff was second to none. Really friendly and really cheerful staff. Again, a credit to the hotel.

Dinner..... Oh where do I start !!
We had booked in on a Dinner, Bed and Breakfast package and thought dinner would be your run of the mill menu. How wrong was I. To start, I had the black pudding with Stilton .... Fantastic. Main course I opted for Turkey, ham with vegetables, really outstanding and served on hit plates which kept the meal hot throughout. For desert, I had smoked cheese. Again outstanding.

I sent my complaints to the chef and kitchen team. Fantastic food, well served by outstanding waiting staff who were very helpful, cheerful and pleasant.
Again outstanding.

Our room (315) was well appointed, faced the front, very clean and lots of room and spotlessly clean. Well done to house keeping. Again outstanding.

Breakfast was superb, lots of choice of buffet foods, homemade jams, breads, ham, cheese and lots more. I had the full Irish and WOW it was fantastic. The waiting staff, some of who were working on dinner service were really great again and could not do enough for you.

I know reviews are normally written after a stay, but feel so pleased of our choice to stay at The Granville Hotel I just had to write after one night......

We are looking forward to our second night tonight and can't wait for dinner :-)

For all you who are thinking about booking elsewhere I'm Waterford.... Don't bother, The Granville wins hands down.

Location, value for money, food, accommodation and best of all... The staff.

To the General Manager, you've got a great team and well done on keeping such a great hotel.

We will be back.
Diolch yn Fawr....

That's thank you in Welsh.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank GRMORGAN
Albany, New York
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Our tour group stopped here for the night. The Granville is a wonderfully old-fashioned hotel with well appointed public rooms. It's in a great location, on the water, about 3 blocks from Reginald's Tower. Dining room is wonderfully decorated and the food was decent. Waterford is a great walking city.

Kingston, PA, USA
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We were made to feel so welcome at this grand hotel, once an opulent private home.
The rooms were immaculate and comfortable, the hot and cold breakfast buffet so delicious and detailed, that Baily's Irish Cream is offered to flavor your morning porridge! What struck me most, however, is the level of dignity with which the staff treated each of us. We were completely pampered in lovely old world surroundings.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We chose to stay here purely based purely on the TripAdvisor reviews and it's number 1 ranking. I was expecting great things with all the positive reviews but was frankly underwhelmed. Our room was a bit dated and and tired looking. The reception staff we dealt with were pleasant but I found the bar staff quite rude. I had been waiting to order a drink at the bar and the older lady serving made a point of serving an older gentleman before me even though it was clear I had been waiting longer. Breakfast in the morning was good however I would put this Hotel at a three star at best. I have since been told by a colleague that the Tower Hotel is a better choice for staying in Waterford.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple