“It's crystal clear it's a must to c”
Review of Waterford Crystal

and up
House of Waterford Crystal Guided Factory Tour
Ranked #1 of 59 things to do in Waterford
More attraction details
Owner description: Originally founded by George and William Penrose in 1783, Waterford crystal is world-renowned for quality and beauty. Have you seen someone blow molten crystal into a vase? Check out the factory tour. Visitors are guided through the factory to see experienced craftsmen at work, creating new crystal pieces. The factory is open to tours, contact the company for details.
Reviewed January 14, 2011

I thought the whole experience was great and what offers they had there Omg worth a visit deffinatly a must

2  Thank Budella
There are newer reviews for Waterford Crystal

Reviewed December 15, 2010

This is a well thought out factory tour. The factory appears to be laid specifically to accommodate it. Only the highest quality items are manufactured in Waterford these days, so you will be seeing the master craftsmen at work. The tour passes close enough to the cutters and engravers for visitors to talk to them as they work. Considering the price of the finished product, the tour is remarkably relaxed and intimate.
I'd recommend it locals and overseas visitors alike.
Be careful in the gift shop though - I assume that the "you break it you bought it" rule applies!

Reviewed November 4, 2010

If you're in Waterford, do yourself a favor and stop by the visitors centre. We were saddened to learn of the closing of the original factory several years ago, leading to massive layoffs for the proud workers there who created world-class crystal. The new visitors centre lets you get up close and personal and see the special pieces (trophies, commissioned pieces) being made. Our tour guide was a former factory worker and you could tell that Waterford Crystal means a lot to him. We're very happy that our bus tour stopped at this new attraction, and we wish that it brings back more jobs to Waterford.

1  Thank TarHeel
Reviewed November 1, 2010

This factory tour is well worth the price. It took about an hour and the workers are very friendly and accomodating. One of the six people on my tour was deaf as one of the glass cutters. They began signing with each other and then the Waterford worker stopped cutting and accompanied us for the remainder of the tour, so he could sign for the tourist who was deaf! Way cool!

Reviewed August 30, 2010

I have been on countless factory tours for my career and for pleasure starting with my crazy parents taking me to the Budweiser factory as a young child. This one tops the hundreds of tours I have been on. Why? It was up close, personal, with an amazing tour guide (Laura) and workers who handed priceless Waterford crystal to my girls, ages 6 and 8, like it was nothing. They were enthralled and so was I.

1  Thank MMBBOULDER