“My husband & I were mesmerized ...”
Review of Waterford Crystal

and up
House of Waterford Crystal Guided Factory Tour
Ranked #1 of 60 things to do in Waterford
More attraction details
Owner description: Originally founded by George and William Penrose in 1783, Waterford crystal is world-renowned for quality and beauty. Have you seen someone blow molten crystal into a vase? Check out the factory tour. Visitors are guided through the factory to see experienced craftsmen at work, creating new crystal pieces. The factory is open to tours, contact the company for details.
Austin, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“My husband & I were mesmerized ...”
Reviewed August 31, 2014

My Irish husband and I were mesmerized by the process, as we both adore fine crystal and glass. These artists are exceptional and you gain an in-depth appreciation for their business and experience. Well worth the visit for all age groups. Excellent educational & cultural experience.

Visited September 2013

• Polish first
Coolum Beach, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A worthwhile experience”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

Even if you are not a fan of crystal, this is a worthwhile experience. I went early one morning, apparently it gets busier later in the day, and enjoyed the tour. Our guide was informative and helpful and watching the craftsmen create the crystal pieces, was very interesting.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Neil K
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Educational”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

I had seen glass blown before, but I had never seen glass cut like this until we took the House of Waterford tour. Thank you!

Visited August 2014
Sinead B, Tour Team Lead at Waterford Crystal, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Dear Carrcabin,
Thank for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor regarding your recent visit to The House of Waterford Crystal. It is a fascinating and educational experience to watch the craftsmen produce these wonderful pieces using traditional crafts to blow and cut the crystal. We value your feedback and hope you will visit once again.
The House of Waterford Crystal Team
Johannesburg, South Africa
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“stunning”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

Waterford crystal has one of the best displays I've ever seen but also one of the most expensive! The tour was very interesting seeing the whole process of how the crystals are made and the finished results.

Visited October 2013
Tampa, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Magical”
Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

Let me preface this by saying I am obsessed with stemware, so visiting the Waterford Crystal Factory/Store has always been on my bucket list. That being said, this place is magical (like Disney for crystal lovers). Never doubt that the men and woman who craft these pieces are artist. I could have spent all day in the showroom, but definitely enjoyed the tour and getting to watch the artisans in action. This was the only place we visited in Waterford and it was well worth the trip!!