“Worth It!”

and up
House of Waterford Crystal Guided Factory Tour
Ranked #1 of 60 things to do in Waterford
More attraction details
Owner description: Originally founded by George and William Penrose in 1783, Waterford crystal is world-renowned for quality and beauty. Have you seen someone blow molten crystal into a vase? Check out the factory tour. Visitors are guided through the factory to see experienced craftsmen at work, creating new crystal pieces. The factory is open to tours, contact the company for details.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Worth It!”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

When we decided to go to Ireland, this was the one attraction that I was adamant I had to see...and I was right. You start out marveling at their creations in a gallery, then you are taken step by step through the process in how they create their masterpieces. There is no glass between you and the creators, you are right there in the action. They had the Diamond Jubilee pieces on display while we were there and we even go to see National Championship crystal football trophy. While you pay a pretty penny (I think it was 35 Euros for the tour), it was worth it. But plan on spending some money because I guarantee you will not walk out of there without a piece of Waterford of your own.

Visited May 2012
4 Thank khickerson

• Polish first
Walla Walla, Washington
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Fun Tour”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Very nice tour. You walk right through the working assembly of Crystal making. We were able to stop and talk almost as much as we wanted to the workers who were all very friendly and loved to explain more individually about what they were making. I would highly recommend this for adults maybe not for kids.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Bonnie C
Utah
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Still Handmade and Beautiful!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This was such a fun tour! It was amazing to me to see all the talent involved with making such beautiful crystal. How could I not spend lots of money in this place?

We got to see first hand the process involved with making a beautiful piece of artwork. The talent and years of training involved to become a master in this line of work is awesome! These artists work years to craft something that a machine could do in minutes. True talent is shown in this place.

It was sad to hear the factory was shut down, laying off thousands of people because there is not the high demand for crystal.

I do recommend this tour and buying lots of beautiful crystal:):)

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Wiskerlikins
Charlotte, North Carolina
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Excellent tour”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We had been on the factory tour at the old factory 9 years ago, and were told (by someone who had not been on the tour) not to expect much.

It was every bit as interesting as the old tour. The tour guide was fabulous. We got a history of the company, and then had plenty of time to see the craftsmen at work as she described what they were doing.

Recommended for 8 and up, I'd say.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank revjcs
Madison, Wisconsin
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

It was fascinating to take the tour of the Factory. I can't remember the cost...maybe 10 Euro? You start in a lobby area where you learn the history of the company, the factory, the crysal, about the cuts, colors, etc.... Then you move through the working factory and learn the processes and see the steps. It was fascinating to see the crystal being blown, shaped, sketched, cut and the final products ending in the showroom. I have Waterford Crystal from previous purchases but now I have a more deep connection to it after seeing it be created. Very enjoyable and educational!

Visited October 2012