“A Must Visit”

and up
House of Waterford Crystal Guided Factory Tour
Ranked #1 of 60 things to do in Waterford
More attraction details
Owner description: Originally founded by George and William Penrose in 1783, Waterford crystal is world-renowned for quality and beauty. Have you seen someone blow molten crystal into a vase? Check out the factory tour. Visitors are guided through the factory to see experienced craftsmen at work, creating new crystal pieces. The factory is open to tours, contact the company for details.
Reviewed May 23, 2012

See these fantastic craftsman at work, unbelievable!

Reviewed May 21, 2012

My son and I were in Ireland on a vacation in May 2012 and decided to take a Paddy Wagon Coach Tour to see the Rock of Cashel. The tour started with a trip to see the Waterford Crystal Factory. In 2009 I had heard that the factory was closing so I was surprised to hear of this tour. It appears that the business was purchased and the Waterford works were transferred to a smaller site in the downtown and devoted to custom orders (many of which you can see on display). The tour starts out a bit odd with a laughable little video but then you get to see the artisans at work and it is really quite interesting. You get to see the whole production process from start to finish. You can talk to the craftsmen, touch and see their work. It was really a surprisingly entertaining time and the sales pitch at the end was not too strong. If you go to Waterford take this tour in but then get out and walk about. See Reginald's Tower. Try to get a walking tour with Jack Burtchaell (worth every penny).

2  Thank JamesII
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We went on the tour with Sean, who was charming and funny and very knowledgable. The tour was interesting and you get to see all the parts of the process to making the crystal, as well as getting to see some special items, such as the queens jubilee chalice being made. We had our baby with us who got to see all the craftsmen who all waved to her, which she loved.

It takes around an hour to go around, and is ok value for a great experience.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Waterford Crystal was always a happy memory of a holiday when I was 9 yrs old in the 70's, and it didn't let me down this time either.
It was early morning and the sightseers had not yet crowded in, we, my husband and I, went on a tour of the factory with Dermot (? sorry if I've got it wrong, the young man due to be a law student). He was, for some one so young, interesting and knowledgeable. Seeing a working factory and some of the more intrecate end pieces, I'm in awe of the crafts men.
The staff at the desk also suggested other places to visit in the day, some of which we did visited.
Thanks to all the staff, they were friendly and helpful.

1  Thank SusanHaynes
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Good tour quick and to the point and got a good deal on a beautiful crystal vase