“Nice location”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
London, United Kingdom
“Nice location”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

A reasonable comfortable room, nice food, though breakfast choice was limited. Biggest disappointment was a narrow bath with a shower curtain which was difficult to wrestle with, fabric shower curtains have no place in a modern hotel! the frustration was somewhat calmed by the lovely river view.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review for the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I am delighted to see that you enjoyed our river views but dissappointed to see you did not enjoy our choices on the Waterfront Restaurant Breakfast menu - we have a variety of juices and cereals, selection of breads, scones & croissants plus a selection of fresh/tinned fruit and fruit yoghurts (rhubarb is recommended) For the hot menu we offer - Sausages, Rashers, Black/White pudding, hash browns, beans, tomatos, scrambled and or fried eggs with poached cooked to order plus the fish of the day and cold meats & cheeses prepared to order and chef will also prepare porridge the way you like also cooked to order. The menu's are displayed on all the breakfast tables and we encourage our guests to read them ask for anything they want and if we have it and chef can do it we are happy to get it for you.
I hope that you will stay with us again and welcome the opportunity to introduce myself to you and ensure that you both enjoy all aspects of your next visit.
Karen Dollery

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed July 5, 2014

If you are looking for somewhere in the city but a little quieter than the other hotels, this is the place. We stayed as we went to the Daytripper Festival. Liked the idea of the secure underground car park. From there you walk to reception. This was my only real disappointment. The receptionist wasn't helpful and didn't even tell us where to find our room, she just moved on to the next person. Not a great first impression. Room was clean and overlooked the river. Breakfast was basic and was served at the counter rather than self service. Took ages to get coffee and toast so had nearly finished when they finally came. I wouldn't say don't go, as I feel the hotel has potential.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Liz M
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I am sorry to read that you were disppointed with some elements of your stay and I hope that you will choose us as your preferred hotel on your next visit to Waterford City and I will guarantee you will enjoy our usual high standard of care and attention.
I look forward to meeting you in the future and in the meantime I hope you have an good Summer.
Florence, Alabama
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The view of the river, the town, the streets, the food. Excellent! Also booked through Trafalgar for our Great Britain and Ireland tour. Traflagar was excellent is booking hotel accommodations with an excellent tour guide and driver. No air conditioning but we were able to leave a window open to enjoy the night air even in May.

Room Tip: Always look in the drawers of the bedroom area for a hair dryer. Plugs in the bathroom are for men...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out of your holiday to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I am delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your visit to us with during your holiday with Trafalgar Tours. I hope you were able to visit Waterford Crystal and our wonderful Viking Triangle during your short stay in Waterford and that overall your visit to Ireland was a memorable trip. We hope to meet you again at some time in the future so you can explore more of our wonderful City and County.
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Perfect hotel! Food really really good and excellent value! Would recommend to anyone, staff were superb! So much more than a 3 star! Take advantage of the set menu for €20 per person. Ideal setting for the town centre. Car parking on site too. Couldn't fault the hotel at all,

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Lisa R
Thank you so much for your lovely review about the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, we are all delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and really appreciate the time you took to share your experience with everyone. We look forward to meeting you again and please make sure you ask reservations to allocate you a riverview room to enjoy the River Suir.
In the meantime we hope you enjoy the Summer months ahead.
Karen and all the Team
Waterford Marina Hotel
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have stayed in a lot of lower-cost accommodation lately, many are underwhelming. But the Waterford Marina hotel was a pleasant surprise - it ticked loads of boxes. Clean sheets and towels, firm mattress, efficient shower, quiet night's sleep, decent breakfast, no sign of wear or tattiness, a clean odourless carpet. These people seem to care and buzz about efficiently looking after you. Small gripes - couldn't find any shower gel, room was very hot overnight even with window open (June/July have been good months this summer in Ireland) and please please put the milk at the brekkies in a bowl of iced water to keep it cool. But these are smalls - overall, very decent hotel night with breakfast, recommend it. Would give it 4 stars if that meant GOOD to VERY GOOD; out and out VERY GOOD? - I wouldn't stretch quite that far But it was grand for 43 euros.

Room Tip: Overlook the marina
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in the Waterford Marina Hotel with Tripadvisor readers, I appreciate your comments and have spoken to the departments involved to see that we improve. Overall I am delighted to read that you would recommend us and I hope you and your family have the opportunity to revisit Waterford in at some time in the near future, we will certainly reserve a lovely river view room for you to enjoy.
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I arrived at the Waterford Marina with a sick mother who was clearly not going to garner any extra assistance from the staff. My room was insufferably hot. The desk staff (same girl from night until morning) was rude and not at all accommodating. Breakfast was gross (undercooked bacon, precooked eggs under a heater). I will not be back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank IrelandorBust14
Thank you for writing a review for the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, however I am very dissappointed to see that you did not enjoy your time with us and I am very surprised to read the staff being described as rude and unfriendly plus breakfast being described as gross is a cause for concern so if you would contact me either by phone or email with the dates of your stay I would be in a better position to find out what exactly happened and how to avoid any repitition of your opinion in the future.
It is not in our interest to upset our guests the whole reason we are here is to make sure our guests enjoy their stay enough to return to us in Waterford, I would like to welcome you back for a return visit at some time in the future so that you can experience our usual high standard of care and attention.
Looking forward to hearing from you in the near future.
Kind Regards
gm@waterfordmarinahotel.com
Tel 051 856600
Long Island,NY
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed here one night during an escorted tour with Trafalgar. Our room was quite nice with a lovely view of the water. Nice breakfast, except a couple of ladies in our group who were later arriving to the breakfast room (a mother with her two daughters) couldn't find three seats together at the "reserved" tables, and were wandering around with their plates of food, not being allowed to sit at the other tables (non-reserved). Finally the attendant allowed another table to be opened to our tour. That seemed a little annoying and silly. Rooms were clean and comfy. The only other problem was that when we got out of the elevator in the morning in the lobby for breakfast (early departure) there was a young couple sitting on the couch in the lobby who obviously had been up all night drinking and were totally inebriated and speaking with quite foul language. There was no desk clerk. I was disgusted, finally we were allowed into the breakfast room and by the time we finished eating this couple was gone. But that little event made me extremely uncomfortable, although I guess it could happen anywhere, it seems to me that the hotel staff should have asked them to leave before normal people started coming down to the lobby. Two minor issues, otherwise quite nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a reveiw for the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I am sorry for the experience you had on your way to breakfast at 6am, I would like to assure you that it was an isolated occurance.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your nice room with the lovely views even if it was only for one night.
I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday in Ireland and we look forward to your return visit.