“Very enjoyable” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
wicklow
“Very enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

I recently stayed here for 2 nights with a small group of family/couples. All started off very well when I saw that the car park had a security barrier keeping your car safe. We were then greeted by 2 polite and helpful girls at reception and this was all done promptly. Rooms were lovely, clean and tidy. Over the courseof the 2 days I spent time in the bar and ate food there and I have to be honest and say that I havent met a friendlier group of employees. They were always willing to chat and were very polite. A credit to the hotel. The food was also of a very good standard, both breakfast and dinner. All told I would have no hesitation in reccommending this hotel and I will certainly be heading back in the near future.

1 Thank 2red
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review of the Waterford Marina Hotel after your recent stay with us, I am delighted to see that you all enjoyed your time with us and have shared your experience with Tripadvisor readers. I will certainly pass on your kind comments to all my staff, they are a pleasure to work with and they do their very best to ensure all our guests are looked after, in return we always have lovely guests in-house who are a pleasure to look after.
We look forward to meeting you again in the near future and I welcome the opportunity to introduce myself to you.
Karen Dollery

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Hotel nice and close to city centre, the staff were friendly and efficient, breakfasts were very nice, would have preferred to grab my own stuff rather than waiting for a worker to spoon it onto my own plate, personal preference I suppose.
Rooms were clean and nice.
Pints were of good quality.
Barfood was decent too.
Winterval was on during our stay which is a great festival and well worth visiting.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review on Tripadvisor about the Waterford Marina Hotel, I was delighted to read your comments about your time with us, I understand your preference for serving yourself at the buffet, I like the staff to serve as its our way of monitoring the standard and not allowing it to become 'messy' or to run low, I like to encourage everyone to try our local sausages & puddings they really are worth it.
I am glad to see you enjoyed Winterval, it was a great success in its 2nd year and long may it continue. I look forward to meeting you again in the near future and please remember to request a riverview room on your next visit.
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed in the Wateford Marina Count Hotel last weekend on a two night plus evening meal special. From beginning to end our stay was fantastic. The hotel is nicely situated and river view is spectacular on a sunny winter afternoon. The hotel is located walking distance from the nite life and main shopping streets and the train station was only a 20 minute walk. The rooms are a decent size. The food was fabulous but what stands out the most was the staff they were so friendly and helpful from the minute we stepped in. I have and will continue to recommend this hotel for a trip to Waterford City.

Room Tip: Choose the river view rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you got to participate in some of the wonders of Winterval in the city. We all appreciate your kind comments about the hotel and the staff here, I am indeed very lucky to work with such a nice team of people.
We look forward to meeting you all again in the near future and please do not hesitate to request river view rooms on your next visit.
Saggart, Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

The Marina Hotel Waterford, this is an excellent hotel to stay in the staff are fantastic and very welcoming, there is an excellent bar menu to select from and also a very good restaurant menu,the bar is big and spacious with plenty off tv's to watch sport on and to relax in, free wifi through out the hotel, river views from a lot of rooms the surrounding area is quiet, the city centre is only a few minuets walk with many old buildings to view, i stay here regularly and highly recommend it, the rooms are spacious and clean, there is free secure parking.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay in the Waterford Marina Hotel, I know you were here in the city on business and I am glad that we were able to look after you during this time.
We look forward to meeting you again and always remember if there is anything you need during your time please do not hesitate to ask.
Carlow, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

From start to finish a great experience.
We arrived by car and discovered a secure free car park belonging to the hotel. The receptionist was very friendly and the room was clean and spacey. I was surprised to get complimentary wi-fi which was great. We had a meal in the bar which was tasty and plentiful.
The breakfast was nice and again plentiful. They had a great selection on the buffet and the staff couldn't do enough for us.
All in all a very nice experience with friendly service. Everything was done with a smile.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for writing such a lovely review for The Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I am delighted to see that you both enjoyed all aspects of your visit to us and that the team here looked after you with a smile. We would be delighted to meet you again and please do not hesitate to request the same room. In the meantime I would like to wish you both a very Merry Christmas and a healthy 2014.
co wexford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

my hubby and i stayed here for 2 night from the start it went bad when we were checking in to hotel receptionist said to me its are policy that we had too pay befor we got are room thats not on we booked a smoking room and she said no smoking rooms left so i kick up a fuss and she found us one lol we got over this meal was ok not the best ive had went to residents on are last night group off ten bar man came too table to see if we wanted a drink one off the lads order 4 vodka in pint glass blt club lemon bar man ask was he was he joking he said not the barman said i cant sell ya that so he ask for 2 doubles and barman said ok but he would have to pay first as if to say we would not pay there is no need for that so over all i did not enjoy my stay at this hotel

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay in the Waterford Marina Hotel, I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us, we do offer different methods of payments which are pre-authorisation of a credit card or payment in advance using cash or laser card. With regards to the drinks order, in conjunction with the Responsible Serving of Alcohol training it is inadvisable to dispense these volumes.
I would hope that you consider staying with us in the future to experience our usual high level of guest care and attention.
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Positives: Guest room was good sized and comfortable, riverfront location was scenic and the wi-fi was free, which is always appreciated. Everything in the bathroom sparkled—porcelain, wall tiles, chrome.
Negatives: Pillows flat, no bath amenities other than one shampoo/soap product out of a dispenser in the shower. Some hot dishes were offered at breakfast, but overall it’s a pretty limited menu.
Most people seeking a 3-star accommodation just want a clean and comfortable place to sleep without a lot of frills. If that’s you, you’ll like the Waterford Marina.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I am delighted to see that you enjoyed our comfortable, river view, good sized bedroom with its free WIFI and I appreciate your description of the sparkling bathroom. I would like to apologise for the pillows and have since replaced. With regards to the breakfast in our Waterfront Restaurant we offer a full irish breakfast which has sausage, bacon, black/white pudding, hash browns, tomato, beans and a variety of eggs - poached, fried, scrambled. We also have a fish of the day dish plus a variety of cold meats and cheeses plus a large selection of juices, cereals, breads, yoghurts, fruit - tinned and fresh, we have menus on all the tables and the staff will serve tea/coffee and toast to your table. I hope we have the opportunity to look after you again and that you will enjoy a good food, service and hospitality.