“GREAT STAY”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“GREAT STAY”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I think we chose well when selecting this hotel along the quayside . It is at one end of the quayside and a lot nicer area than some other establishments which look tatty . It is situated just 5 mins walk away from the major attractions of Waterford crystal , the museums and Bishop's palace .
The bar has a good menu at a reasonable cost .

Room Tip: A room overlooking the river Suir is very nice .
1 Thank JOHN C
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for reviewing the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor after your recent visit. I appreciate your lovely kind comments about your stay with us and I hope you enjoyed your visits to Waterford Crystal and The Viking Triangle which is home to our beautiful Medieval Museum of Treasures and Bishops Palace.
We look forward to meeting you both again in the very near future and until then enjoy the summer ahead.
Karen Dollery

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
dublin
Reviewed May 6, 2013

this is the second time to stay at this hotel we where there for the st patricks weekend. the staff where fantastic ,we had a river view room which was very pleasent. and spotless the food in the bar and restaurant was excellent and great value.a big plus was the secured car park. over all a great hotel we would definitely go back and recommend it to anyone going to waterford. a big thanh you to all the staff at the waterford marina for two great weekends

Room Tip: ask for a river view room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pat l
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor after your stay with us. I am delighted firstly that you choose to return to us for a return visit and secondly that you enjoyed your time with us and I will certainly be passing on your lovely kind comments to all the team here. I hope that I get the opportunity to introduce myself to you both in the very near future and I am glad to see that your room tip is to ask for a river view room.
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I arrived at the hotel at the same time as a coach party, but the staff were well drilled at offering a large group good customer service as they were an individual guest. The room was well appointed with a lovely view over the river Suir, particularly pleasant on the night I was there was the local rowing club training on the river. The hotel has secured covered car parking at the rear which was accessed via an intercom. The bar was pleasnt, nice draught beer and the bar menu was small, but good quality and good quantity.

Room Tip: try to ask for a room overlooking the river
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Guigal9
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that our reception team were able to look after your check in efficiently. We are very fortunate to have been built on the banks of the River Suir as our guests are able to enjoy the activities from the Waterfront Restaurant & Bar or indeed their riverview bedroom.
We appreciate your kind comments about our food and service and look forward to welcoming you back on a return visit in the near future.
In the meantime may we all enjoy a wonderful summer of 2013.
ireland
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed at Waterford Marina Hotel for the weekend. Lovely location right on the river. Staff in all areas of the hotel were faultless and more than helpful all weekend. Room was spotless . Food in the restaurant was very good and great value too.(4 course for 2 with wine for €50). I would definitely return to the Marina Hotel and would recommend it to family and friends

Room Tip: High floor was very quiet. Room with view of river is lovely. 413
1 Thank mythmum
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your weekend, I will certainly put a copy of your comments up for the staff to read. I would be delighted to introduce myself to you on your return visit and please ensure to ask for a quiet riverview room when making your reservation.
Fairborn, Ohio
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights, we were a family of 3. Room had one double and two twin beds.

PROS:
- Our corner room was huge, largest room I've ever stayed in. Not all of the rooms are nearly as big but, from what I saw walking past, seemed adequate sized.
- Nice to have a room that fits a family, which can be hard to find.
- Location is fantastic and spot over the river is attractive.
- We ate in the bar several times and were impressed with both the quality of the food and prices, which were better than most hotel restaurants (cheapest things were a sandwich and crisps for just under five Euros). We didn't try the main restaurant as its prices were out of our budget.
- Free car park
- All of the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful.
- Full sized tub and shower, hot water was fine.
- Rooms were clean.

CONS:
- While wi-fi was free, the signal in the room was basically non-existent. Strength in the lobby was good.
- In-room TV was a tiny, old tube style, far away from the bed area. Not a big deal but wouldn't hurt to update it.
- Would've liked to have an in-room safe.
- Mattresses weren't very comfortable and felt quite worn-out (looked old, too). Some fresh mattresses would make a world of difference.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and felt it was a really good value for the price paid. I would consider staying again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 84fiero
I really appreciate that you took the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor after your recent visit to Waterford City. I am delighted to read such lovely comments about our rooms, food and staff. I will certainly take notice of your Cons and action some adjustments.
It is lovely to see that you enjoyed your time with us and we would be delighted to meet you all again in the future.
Kildare
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We asked for a non smoking room and it said so on the bedroom door but the smell of smoke on the corridor was sickly. We also ate in the bar, at the bar, as the majority of bar was reserved for the people from a function in restaurant. It was not acceptable as we ate very uncomfortably at the bar when all these tables were sitting idle waiting for others. We had thought of eating elsewhere but one of our party was not feeling well so we stayed put. We left immediately after we ate as we had no seat apart from a barrel used as a table with no where to put your legs.
The food was good and the breakfast better than the usual hotel we stay in when in Waterford.
The room was clean, staff lovely and friendly, overall not too bad. Unfortunately we would think twice before booking again due to the few problems we encountered. We used to use this hotel every few months when in the area and stayed this time to see why we stopped staying the last time. Its the small things that put you off. Its a pity as its in a perfect location and staff great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Hilly2338
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor after your recent visit. I am delighted to read your lovely comments about our staff, food and cleanliness, however I am dissappointed that there were some shortcomings that overshadowed your time with us and I would like to apolgise to you and your friends. I will certainly address these issues and hopefully they will not occur again.
I would welcome the opportunity to introduce myself to you at any time in the future and I hope that you give us a chance to offer you our usual high standard of care and attention.
waterford
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Hi I am just reviewing the restaurant part of this hotel as I didnt stay here.From the minute I walked in with my husband we were treated really well and seated immediatly even though we were early. We opted for the 4 course meal which is exceptionally great value for money 4 courses for 2 with a bt of wine (lovely wine) for 50 euro

Great selection of choices,staff very friendly and efficient ,Restaurant Manager very very good at his job courteous and respectful and has great social skills. food absolutly lovely.Well done

3 Thank deporresWaterford
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for thinking of us after your recent visit to the Waterfront Restaurant, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience in the Waterford Marina Hotel with Tripadvisor readers. I am delighted your enjoyed our food, service and value. Please allow me to introduce myself on your next visit.