“Very enjoyable stay again !!!”

Waterford Marina Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Kilkenny
“Very enjoyable stay again !!!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We often stay at the Marina Hotel,It is very clean and rooms are comfortable,and the view is great ,Staff are very friendly and helpful,Bar staff a good example,also breakfast staff .The food is very good whether Dinner or Bar snacks we enjoyed both also breakfast is great and plenty of choice ,It is also very good value all round ,A favorite of ours !!!!

Room Tip: View of the River is a must for us !
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I really appreciate your lovely comments about your stay with us and we enjoy meeting you on your return visits. I look forward to welcoming you back over the next few months and as usual we will do our very best to allocate you a lovely riverview room.
Enjoy the summer, see you soon
Karen Dollery

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My wife and myself have just returned from a two night stay over Easter at this very good hotel.On arrival we found the staff very friendly and efficient. Our room was very clean and bright and well appointed. A snack in the bar proved tasty and inexpensive and the breakfast was tasty and plentiful and my wife's dietary need were looked after without a fuss. To make the stay even better the hotel provided us with complimentary tickets to see Miss Saigon at the local theatre which was magnificent. Keep up the good work......I'll be back

2 Thank Fionan_Allen
Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay in the Waterford Marina Hotel with Tripadvisor readers. I am delighted to read your lovely comments about the hotel, the food and the staff. The production of Ms. Saigon was a great success in the Theatre Royal and I am glad you enjoyed it. I hope to have the opportunity to meet you both again in the near future.
Newbridge, Ireland
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Enjoyed a two night break over the St Patrick's Weekend. Stayed in room 308, it has a wonderful view and is very comfortable and clean. The staff at this hotel were excellent and very friendly (especially Ann on Reception and Michael) Bar was very modern and very relaxing, prices were not too excessive, and bar staff were friendly. The Bar food was very good and very tasty. The Breakfast was ok, but the fried egg and fried rasher were not freshly fried which made the breakfast a bit disappointing, other than that the fresh fruit juice, rolls and brown bread were very tasty, again the dining room staff were very friendly. We had one evening meal which was a bit of a let down. I had breast of chicken which was served on a bed of mash potatoes, my wife had roast beef on a bed of mash, it was tasteless and very scarce, we would have preferred more basic food with everything on the one plate. The starter of soup was nice and the dessert was also very nice. However we were extremely happy with this hotel and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: High floors have a good view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review on Tripadvisor after your recent stay in the Waterford Marina Hotel. I am delighted to read that you both enjoyed your time with us and I very much appreciate your kind commmetns about Ann and Michael they are indeed valued members of our team who will both go that extra mile to ensure our guests are looked after. We look forward to welcoming you on a return visit and I would be like the opportunity to introduce myself to you. Wishing you a lovely summer ahead.
dublin
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Just returned from very pleasant trip toWaterford; Staff extremely professional & very welcoming. The 2 lads serving food in Bar exceptionally helpful and efficient as were Breakfast Staff who serve a great Breakfast. Free WiFi & newspapers, Girls at front desk even well versed as to how many bookies offices there are in Tramore (seeing as i booked trip away while Cheltenham was on !!) So Thank You All, including Groupon

1 Thank jeantb
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
I would like to thank you for writing such a lovely review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay in the Waterford Marina Hotel. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our hospitality in the Waterfront Bar and Restaurant and I will certainly copy your review to the staff.
I hope you have a lovely summer and we look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit in the near future.
Carlow, Ireland
Reviewed March 15, 2013

lovely rooms, very spacious, very clean and very quiet, breakfast was served before half ten which was a great time, loads to choose from, it was delicious. I will be back again. Staff are lovely and helpful

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience of your stay in the Waterford Marina Hotel with Tripadvisor readers, your kind comments about our hotel and staff are very much appreciated and we would be delighted to welcome you both back at any time in the future.
tipperary
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I spent the first week-end in March 2013 in this hotel to celebrate my birthday. I would like to thank Helen and Jean for the surprise while having breakfast on the morning of my birthday. I would also give praise to Karen the manager, and Linday and all the staff who are always most accomodating when I stay at the hotel. I have never been disappointed on any of my trips, always enjoyed the ambience and homliness of the hotel. Breakfasts always hot, dinners equally good. The rooms are kept very clean, water always hot in bathroom. The hotel is situated close to the 'peoples park' great for a walk which I like. I always feel welcome at this hotel and will keep coming back.
Shaun Manning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
We always enjoy meeting you on your visits to us and I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Waterford Marina Hotel with Tripadvisor readers. I hope you enjoy the St Patricks Weekend Celebrations and we are looking forward to meeting you around Easter.
From
Karen and all the staff.