“3 star prices 5 star service”

Waterford Marina Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Bedford, United Kingdom
“3 star prices 5 star service”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed here with my family (party of 6) over the week-end of 22nd-24th February 2013, as we were in Waterford for a family party. We could not fault the accommodation, service and food-great breakfasts. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend it and I would stay here again. Nice quite location as well, yet near enough to the center to be convenient.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
I would like to thank you for writing such a lovely review about the Waterford Marina Hotel, it is great to read that you and your family enjoyed your trip to Waterford especially as it was an important occasion. We would be delighted to welcome you back at any time to stay with us, please mention at reservation stage that you are return guests and our reservation team will look after you.
Karen Dollery

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
dublin
Reviewed March 6, 2013

just recently stayed in Marina hotel - hotel is lovely really great location you can walk everywhere you need in the town. the staff very friendly and thank you to bar staff on last sunday for their hospitality. the offer deal for restaurant was nice one of the nights but not my style of food the other. the hotel rooms were nice - very noisy in the mornings and late night - the heat was unreal though - couldnt sleep for one of the nights stay- advised the hotel when leaving and i was advised there is only a on or off switch and that is it. think maybe an investment on valves on raditators would help.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will certainly pass on your thanks to the staff in the Waterfront Bar. I am sorry for the issues outlined and can assure you that I am looking into this.
I look forward to welcoming you both back for a return visit in the not too distant future.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Just back from another stay at this 1st class hotel.From check in to check out everything was fine.Stayed in room[401]overlooking carpark.Room was ok /warm and cosy for 2.Bar on friday and saturday was fairly full with music both nights.Ate from bar food menu which was nice.Breakfast was plentiful with most things you would expect.I must say that staff in breakfast room were very helpful and willing to provide what they could.All staff seemed to be very well trained in all duties and always with a smile[the way it should be].Hope to return soon. Thanks to all.

Room Tip: ask for room overlooking river if you want a view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your return visit to the Waterford Marina Hotel, a huge amount of our guests have stayed with us before and choose to return for the same reasons as yourself which is mainly the staff. I am very lucky to work with a lovely team of people in all departments and they like myself will do our very best to make sure you enjoy your stay with us.
I would like to opportunity to introduce myself to you both on your next visit and please ask for a riverview room at reservation time so you enjoy the lovely views of the River Suir.
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We had two rooms at this hotel. One triple room and one double. Our double overlooked the nearby river, and the triple overlooked the car park.

The rooms were generously sized and deliciously warm, plus the windows open if you want a blast of cooler air! The decor was lovely and wifi easy to access.

Towels could have been larger and only one soap for bathroom.

The location is excellent and only a short walk to the city centre including the world famous Waterford Crystal. There is a bar downstairs and complimentary newspapers available at the front reception desk.

Car parking is available and we managed to snaffle a car park close outside the hotel, but there is additional car parking available underground apparently.

Staff are friendly and welcoming, including the housekeepers on each floor.

Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view if available :)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for highly recommending the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I was delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us in February this year. Waterford City is indeed a great place to visit and all the wonderful attractions like Waterford Crystal, Bishops Palace and the new Medieval Museum all on our doorstep. I hope we have the opportunity to look after you all again in the near future.
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We booked into the Marina for a relaxing weekend away and that is exactly what it was. We were within walking distance to the city centre. The welcome was lovely with a packet of love hearts on our pillow as it was Valentines weekend. When we went down to the bar on Friday night there was a brilliant band playing and we got a bowl of cocktail sausages during the night. Breakfast was lovely and fresh. Saturday night again music which was not as good as friday night but again we got cocktail sausages. Safe very pleasant, always smiling. Rooms basic but clean. Would definitely recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Views of the river lovely
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time after your recent visit to write a review on Tripadvisor, I am delighted to read that you both enjoyed your stay with us int he Waterford Marina Hotel and its lovely to see that you liked our little gift of Love Hearts..
I hope you will visit us again in the not too distant future and please remind reservations that you have stayed with us before and they will do their best to allocate you the same riverview bedroom.
Cork
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I booked into the Marina for one night as I was doing some work in Waterford. I was very impressed by this hotel and the standard of service and so pleasant. Parking is looked after too which is very good in a city centre hotel. I didn't eat there but highly recommend them for a good place to stay.

Room Tip: I had a room looking out on the river.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time out after your recent stay to write a review on Tripadvisor for The Waterford Marina Hotel. Your kind comments about the hotels standards of service is greatly appreciated and I can't thank you enough for highly recommending us as a good place to stay while visiting Waterford City wheter on business or leisure.
We look forward to meeting you again in the near future and I would welcome the opportunity to introduce myself to you.
cavan
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed for three nights. The hotel itself is very basic, and the pillows are like blocks! The rooms were spacious and clean with plenty of space for hanging clothes.
The staff were exceptional, every single one of them we met had a pleasant smile and a lovely warm manner. A double A for them!
The food was only all right. We had poached eggs which were very soggy, but the full breakfasts were good, and there is a good selection of fruits and yoghurts.
Location good too, so we had a lovely break, and really appreciated how helpful the staff were.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view, (and some extra soft pillows )
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank maryj087
Thank you for thinking about us after your recent visit and sharing a review on Tripadvisor with other readers. I am delighted to see that you and your friends enjoyed your time with us here at the Waterford Marina Hotel. I would like to say that myself and the staff appreciate the Double A award and we would love to welcome you back on a return visit in the very near future.