“Outstanding experience”

Claddagh B&B Waterford
Claddagh B&B Waterford
Ranked #8 of 24 Waterford B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I brought our Granddaughter to see Ireland and visit Waterford. We wanted to stay at an Irish B&B. Perfect choice.
Miriam was an outstanding hostess. The rooms were roomy with great beds. The breakfast was superb.
We could not have asked for a better experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Found Cloddagh BB in the Irish Tourist Board BB booklet. The three Star Rating should definitely be upped to a 4 or 5! Rooms are super clean, nicely decorated and the bed and pillows are really cushy and comfortable. The owner, Miriam, is a wonderfully welcoming, funny and caring person. Her breakfast was delicious and she added some little xtras which were tasty. She recommended a great dinner destination which made the end of a long days drive very enjoyable. We will recommend Cloddagh BB to any friends visiting Ireland and we plan to stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Miriam was a lovely host, making us feel very welcome and at home. She was the only one during our tour of Ireland to offer us a coffee/tea when we arrived. Lovely room, with very comfy bed. She suggested a great place for dinner and even ordered a taxi for us. We enjoyed chatting to her and would definitely visit again, should we have the opportunity to re-visit Waterford. Thanks Miriam for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 18, 2013

So easy to find thanks to the the way it was signposted. the bedroom and ensuite were just perfect. Breakfasts were so good exceeding expectations. Location was just right for us, close to the city but the quietness of the country . Miriam you were so helpful with your local knowledge and for a couple of inexperienced Australians finding a B&B for our next stop Killarney was a great relief. We have no hesitation recommending "Claddagh" to our friends.

Room Tip: Choose ****
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter and Pat M
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This lovely B and B far exceeded it's 3* rating probably because it was a little way out of the centre of town. This was not a problem however to the friendly owner Miriam who gave us a lift in her own car!!!! The beds were very comfortable, the shower hot and powerful and the tea and biscuits on arrival was a little extra touch that made us feel very welcome. Breakfast was plentiful in a spacious and comfortable setting. We only stayed one night but we left wishing it had been more. Thanks Miriam ...we will definately be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We recently attended a friends wedding hear, we stayed for 2 nights and I have to say it was brilliant. We stayed in the execuitive suite, the bed was very cosy, the room was big with an off room like a sitting room come second bedroom. I found the staff very friendly and helpful.

The afternoon tea was very nice and well presented, we ate in the main resturant that evening, there are only to negatives hear
1 the food is very expencive and the lamb main coures was very small
2 we had to send our mains back as it was cold
Now these things happen, but what disappointed me was that there was no good will justure given like a drink or a comp dessert, we where waiting a total of 50 minutes before we started to eat our main coures which was far to long sitting there with nothing in front of us
We didnt have dessert

The breakfast both mornings was excellent with a good choice
The wedding itself was very well done
The food was very well presented and hot and there was a nice break between coures which I think is very important

Over all a great experience and I would return

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2012

overall a good stay. The water in my room failed to get hot and had very low pressure, so I didn't end up having a shower given I only stayed the night. Quiet area and friendly host Miriam

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank travellingjak60
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

Thank you for your comments, I am happy you enjoyed your overnight stay with us. With regards to the shower I am sorry you had trouble with it. I had the plumber in the house looking at another issue recently so he checked everything with this shower and it is operating well. The only thing I think may have happened is that it may have needed to run longer due to its distance from cylinder. I am sorry that you didn't inform me at the time, I would have most certainly ensured you had a hot shower. Our guests comfort is our main priority at all times.Again thank you for your feedback and I hope to see you back at Claddagh in the future.

Miriam