“Beautiful meal and great staff”

The Riverside Cottage
Ranked #60 of 188 Restaurants in Waterford
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We went here for my niece's christning on Sunday last and our meal was lovely. I had soup and beef and meat was lovely and plenty of it on the plate. We had christning cake to finish off. Staff were very good. my 12 year old daughter was having her jelly and ice cream and asked for cake too, and when finished asked for second slice of cake, waitress was lovely and got more cake for her. We were surprised that she ate so much, as normally she picks and is fussy, but not today.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I ate in Becketts on a Sunday afternoon while passing through Waterford. They seemed to be very busy which is always a good endorsement from the locals.

The decor is nice and the staff were extremely friendly and accommodating (in a way that is uniquely Irish in my experience). I found the food to be no better than average however - heavily salted and buttered and generally mass produced. It was fine as a stop on a journey but I wouldn't be rushing back if I lived there.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Some of the staff are seriously rude, food is mediocre and very inconsistent, atmosphere is dead.

This is based on a number of visits.

There is not much choice in the area, hence the number of visits.

I should have stopped going long ago.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Becketts have a walk in service which works very well. Sometimes we go there for Sunday Lunch which is normally very tasty. The only issue is the vegatables served which are consistently carrots...... It would be nice to get more of a variety.
Staff are very friendly and service is excellent. Desserts are lovely too. Worth a visit

Reviewed February 21, 2013

superb food superb service. Have visited on more than one occasion and am always satisfied. Highly recommend it.

3  Thank brian620