“Nice food, small bit pricey”

Revolution Craft Beer & Whiskey Bar
Ranked #69 of 191 Restaurants in Waterford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Revolution is a treat for the senses with its quirky decor, retro music, sound clientele, chilled atmosphere and huge choice of Craft Beer, Whiskey & Gins. What was once considered a hidden gem has now become an institution with an absolutely incredible array of drinks served by pure craft professionals. 103 Craft Beer in Bottle 10 Craft Beer on Tap 166 Whiskeys 19 Midletons (Very Rare Vintage Whiskey) 36 Gins 1 Antique Interior Food AT REVOLUTION We Serve American Style food at revolution daily from 12 noon to 9pm Our Burgers are 100% Irish Beef served in 8oz Size. Our Piquant Chicken Baps come in mild to extra hot. Fish is locally sourced from Billy Burke Fishmongers. Pizzas are Stonebaked with a choice of toppings
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I have been here numerous times for just a quick bit and also for an organised sit down. The food is nice but I find it pricey enough. I have never been disappointed with the cooked food in there.

2  Thank Val-BAYR3

Reviewed May 11, 2012

I attended my sisters hen party here last weekend, we booked this place for a cocktail making course, it was brilliant, Charlie the barman is excellent at making the cocktails it was really enjoyable, I cant remember the managers name who MC'd the cocktail making course but he was brilliant, very funny. We had soup and a sandwich when we arrived which was lovely and then returned in the evening for a bite to eat which was included in the price the food was fab. The place itself is fab, very modern, you know a lot of effort has gone in to thsi place, I would highly recommend it to anybody heading down to Waterford, the niteclub is great. You defo have to do the cocktail making course its great craic. Also when we finished they let us have cocktails for €5 down in the main bar (only certain ones) but it was brilliant, will defo go again to this place.

2  Thank Ruby M
jimwaterford, Manager at Revolution Craft Beer & Whiskey Bar, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2012

hey Ruby - gald u have a great weekend in Waterford - btw - my name is Flash - but i know why you remembered Charlies Name - lol - post some hen night pics on our facebook for me >? talk soon
love Flash & Charlie (Award winning mixologist)

Reviewed April 30, 2012

I think the food is quite greasy, I think if you are drinking here and need something to line your stomach go for it, but I personally can't stomach the food. The sandwiches are fine however and as stated in the title the cocktails are very very nice, but overpriced. The cheaper the cocktail the less alcohol thats in it, so I feel abit hard done by when I drink here. But I suppose you get what you pay for and the cocktails and unusual shots are worth a visit even if you dont eat.
I will visit here again but it wont be for the food.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

I go to Revolution for Viking Re-enactment meetings. Sometimes if there's a special occasion they'll do food for the group. They even try to serve authentic style right down to sourcing bread recipes.
But it's the beer that makes 'em shine.

2  Thank pfiddle56
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Great food, good service, nice warm friendly atmosphere.

Not too pricey really like, things range from €5 to €25 sooo it's pretty reasonable.
The cocktails are amazing!

2  Thank Deeftw