“Indian food as it should be”
Review of Cafe Goa

Cafe Goa
Ranked #14 of 174 Restaurants in Waterford
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
irl
“Indian food as it should be”
Reviewed July 17, 2010

A very good Indian restaurant, excellent choices with a few surprises, naan bread.. best we have tasted, service was good and professional, and dealt with our queries very well. The night we were dining we had an indian novice with us, and the waiter steered the lady through the mine field that is the menu! All in all a most enjoyable experience. We'll be back!

1 Thank concannon

• Polish first
Manama, Bahrain
“Excellent excellent food”
Reviewed July 8, 2010

I have been to Cafe Goa on a number of occassions now and the food is exceptional each and every time. The staff are very friendly. While the restaurant is small and tables can be tight, this all adds to the atmosphere. Due to it's popularity I have heard they thought of moving to a bigger premises. I would hate to see this as there is something about the place the way it is now - it gives a good feel of India and would likely be more 'commercialised' in a larger premises.

1 Thank terryant
“I've tried every Indian in this city and...”
Reviewed June 29, 2010

I've tried every Indian in this city and would not go back to any of them. Cafe goa is the first I would go back to. They could do more on the value though.

1 Thank Platykoala
Waterford, Ireland
“Best Indian food outside of India”
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Having been to Cafe Goa a number of times over the last few months I felt that I just had to write a review. For starters the owner and staff make you feel welcome the minute you walk in. The menu is very easy to read and understand and there are loads of options for everyone from meat lovers to vegetarians. The prices are very good and I usually just have a Dal tarka with a garlic Nan and my wife has Hazari (vegi dish) with pilau rice. Both have a perfect balance of spices and are always cooked fresh daily. They also have a good wine selection from €17.50 a bottle and I can recommend the Spanish house (well balanced with a nice spicy kick). Overall the food and service is always PERFECT. So for €40 we get two fantastic main courses and Nan and rice, washed down with a lovely bottle of Spanish red. What more could you want for a great evening. Oooh I nearly forgot...you get free poppadoms and 4 amazing dips. 10 out of 10

2 Thank Foodlover080
Weybridge, United Kingdom
“Very tasty Indian food with a great atmosphere”
Reviewed June 20, 2010

I arrived in quite late to the restauraunt and absolutely 110% exhausted, but they were friendly prompt and treaded that narrow line in the service industry between availability to the customer and bothering the customer with their proximity. I got the impression they weren't open long and the owner was very excited comnig out and accepting complements from similarly enthused patrons. I was fairly unadventurous with my order but it was good and I'm confident I could order anything there.

1 Thank markboyle86