“Stayed at the Castle and enjoyed a great dinner there.”

The Munster Room Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 175 Restaurants in Waterford
Cuisines: French, Irish
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The warm ambience of the award winning Munster Room Restaurant with its wonderful oak paneled walls and ornate ceiling is complemented by a great cellar and exciting seasonal menus. Local produce and the talents of a highly acclaimed head chef create an intensity of flavours to savour and a truly memorable dining experience
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Stayed at the Castle and enjoyed a great dinner there.”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Our dinner was part of our room deal at the Castle. After eating there, I would heartily recommend it to anyone visiting Waterford. The Castle's interior spaces are interesting, and the food was very good.

Visited March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
dublin
“Fab Dinner”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Great food,lovely wine,nice friendly staff,gorgeous dining room full of character

Visited March 2012
Gorey, Ireland
“Excellent food - best fish I have ever eaten”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I had one of the most memorable meals of my life here and it was a very simple pan fried trout. I have never tasted food like it.
Would suggest bringing your own wine as their list is a bit on the expensive side

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Patrick D
Dublin, Ireland
“Food heaven”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I got married in Waterford castle but as my now husband and I are quite particular about our food before we signed on the dotted line for the venue we took the whole family to dine in the Munster Room.

We were not disappointed and I can honestly say that everything on the menu tasted good ( being a bit of a bridezilla I made everyone of our party order something different). Even my mother who is a difficult lady to please gave her thumbs up.

When it came to our tasting we could not decide between beef or lamb so we ended up with 3 mains between the two of us (the addtional on being the fish dish, brill). My husband who does not eat fish surprised me by lapping (more than?) his fair share. We shamelessly finished all 3!! My only small dislike was the jus with the lamb (a bit salty for me) so we plumped for the beef which was cooked order for each member of the wedding party.

My favourite thing about the restaurant is that they use local produce. For example for the wedding meal the type of fish could not be guaranteed as it was whatever was caught that day which may have stressed some brides but was a great sign for me as to the quality food they use in the restaurant. Definately recommended :)

Visited April 2011
Cork, Ireland
“Mouth watering!”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Sheer decadence! As we were on a special package deal, our menu was not quite as extensive as the regular menu but that certainly didn't take away from the experience. The smoked haddock risotto for starters was divine, with my girlfriend opting for the soup of the day. In her own words "The best soup I've tasted." We both chose the sirloin beef, medium for main. Absolutely delicious, complete with winter roast veg, potatoes, mushrooms and onion puree. Simply heaven! And lastly, as difficult as it was to turn into a dessert after the sheer size of the main, we had the chocolate brownie with white chocolate mousse. Melt in your mouth, a must for any chocoholics out there.

Visited December 2011