“Beautyful food”
Review of Bodega!

Bodega!
Ranked #5 of 181 Restaurants in Waterford
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Listed in The McKenna Guide Best 100 Restaurants in Ireland 2014.In the heart of Waterford City is a restaurant that champions the local food experience. Vaguely Spanish in decor with a funky eclectic mix of food and ambiance that may well be described as Mediterranean. Most definitely, not a conventional Irish restaurant experience. Critics and regulars alike acknowledge this place is fun and different. With early bird menus from €20, this is an affordable treat in a relaxed atmosphere. But it's worth persevering according to the critics:" With its warm Mediterranean colour, this place would bring the sun out on the darkest of days" Georgina Campbell "Much loved menu that hits all the right buttons" The Irish Times"It's a dream vision of owners - Cormac & Donagh - who stamp their left field imprimatur on the excellent food & the fine drinks that make folk flock here in their droves" John & Sally McKenna"Bodega! Gives the taste of the med, and also the vigour & joie de vivre of the med" Bridgestone Guide
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

we had early bird menu . Well priced and good choice . I had steak my partner had pork belly . quality food for an early bird . will be back to enjoy al la carte.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Outstanding restaurant. Lovely cosy atmosphere and the staff are really good. They have created a really european / mediteranean feel to the place which works really well. There is a good menu to select from with a broad range of dishes. The crab claws are to die for and worth the extra price. I also had a fillet beef which was cooked to perfection as ordered (rare). People of Waterford are very lucky to have a place as good as this which is hard to find elsewhere. I will be back!

1  Thank Gary D
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I/We had a fantastic meal - From the start the atmosphere was great . The staff were spot on, the menu was interesting with a good variety to choose from. With wild rabbit to fish to steaks which were all great. I'm highly recommending a return visit within the month for round too and to bring more friends with us.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Since I first discovered this little gem of a restaurant on a trip to Waterford City, I keep returning to it every time I visit.

This time I came with family and had told them how delicious the food was so they had fairly high expectations!
Luckily they weren't too be disappointed. 3 out of 4 of us opted for the 4 course set menu. This is the best value for money you will get, only €29.95 and unlike other restaurants, you get plenty of options to choose from (including specials from the board). I actually found it difficult to pick what I wanted, in a good way!
We were brought bread & served a mise en bouche promptly (which was a little modern twist on a prawn cocktail!). I had the chicken liver pâte to start - beautiful! Steak frites (ask for it cooked medium) which comes with rustic chips served in a bucket and a really yummy pepper sauce - very enjoyable.
Bread and butter pudding for dessert was a real treat. The best dessert has to be the chocolate souffle (which wasn't on the set menu but I nicked a taste from my brothers plate) - to die for if you're a chocolate lover like me!

My mother and I shared a bottle of pinot grigio. Very tasty and was impressed with the selection of wine on offer as well as beers, spirits and cocktails.

I found the staff attentive and polite and smiling - absolutely no complaints there.

All in all, I'm as impressed (as always) when I visit and I'm positive I'll be back again next time I'm down Waterford way :)

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Bodega is a buzzy, fun kind of place with interesting colours & nice things to look at on the walls, ceiling & floor (yes, the floor). Our waiter was very good & the food that he recommended was very good.

I had the 4-course special. First they gave us some white rolls with balsamic cider vinegar & rapeseed oil for dipping - lovely. After my salmon amuse-bouche, I had the crab claws (very good) & the Mrs has the chicken wings (not a patch on Hartleys of Dun Laoghaire, but they never ever are). We both had the John Dory for main course - excellent, and I had a dessert (can't remember what it was but it was very good). Wifey had white wine, I eked a beer out thru the evening a I was driving. Coffees were top quality too.

All that for eighty quid plus service - v. good value because of the excellent overall quality.

1  Thank Broadens_the_mind