“Ooh la la! Bon appetit”

L Atmosphere Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 180 Restaurants in Waterford
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tucked away within a quaint townhouse in the heart of Waterford City, L`Atmosphere is an authentic French bistro and wine bar run by Arnaud Mary and Patrice Garreau since 2005. Expect fresh and seasonal cuisine prepared by Arnaud and dedicated chef and served by a courteous and professional staff. A multy award winning eatery fearuring a unique variety of local fish and sea food, you will also find the best of Irish beef, poultry, lamb and when in the season wild game. Quality, local ingredients cooked with precision and flair are the emphasis. Sofisticated desserts prepared exclusively by pastry chef Patrice Garreau provide a suitable ending to mouth-watering meal. Alternative try a selection of the finest Irish and French cheese. Eamon Barrett advising of "Wonderful food, elegantly cooked and served, showing a deep culinary culture. This small but perfectly formed bistro is truly not to be missed
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Ate in this lovely wee place twice during a recent visit to Waterford. It's tucked away in a quiet side street close to the Viking Triangle, not very big in size but massive in character and quality. Had a fantastic meal both times, really surprisingly good food, well presented. The menu was not extensive (including the wine list) but it was perfect. service was great as well and the value was outstanding. The food here ranks as high as some of the best french restaurants I've had the pleasure to dine in in Paris. Can't wait to return to Waterford, especially to enjoy the food at this wee gem.

There are newer reviews for L Atmosphere Restaurant

Reviewed June 4, 2013

My partner and I visited this Restuarant one evening. The waiter ( think also the co-owner) who conducted us to our table was "pushy" and not friendly. The young waitress was very charming. The cuisine was average and unenspired to say the least..

I would say I thought the attitude of the restuarant was "hurry up and leave". I would not visit there again

1  Thank Alistair B
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I had my third visit in about two years to L'Atmosphere last night. The restaurant was very busy, but the food and service were excellent as always. I got the mixed plate starter, followed by the venison special. Everything is always cooked beautifully, and there is a great mix of flavours. My only complaint was that I was too full by the time the main course arrived. I'd suggest sharing the mixed plate starter in future! A great dining experience in Waterford!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I've eaten in this restaurant on several occasions and have always left completely satisfied,the food is excellent and really gives you a experience of French cuisine ,I normally go for the early bird as it's very good value,the service and atmosphere is first class.my only complaint is they haven't changed the early bird menu in a long while.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Just had a great lunch . Arnold the owner greeted us warmly . We had wonderful food,
Vegetable tartlet, chicken stuffed with quail and bread and butter pudding . All for 20.00 euro and includes a glass of wine. Small supplement for quail of 3 euro. Well done to Arnaud and table staff for making this a special family meal.

4  Thank Maureen C