“A small, busy and good french restaurant”

L Atmosphere Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 180 Restaurants in Waterford
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tucked away within a quaint townhouse in the heart of Waterford City, L`Atmosphere is an authentic French bistro and wine bar run by Arnaud Mary and Patrice Garreau since 2005. Expect fresh and seasonal cuisine prepared by Arnaud and dedicated chef and served by a courteous and professional staff. A multy award winning eatery fearuring a unique variety of local fish and sea food, you will also find the best of Irish beef, poultry, lamb and when in the season wild game. Quality, local ingredients cooked with precision and flair are the emphasis. Sofisticated desserts prepared exclusively by pastry chef Patrice Garreau provide a suitable ending to mouth-watering meal. Alternative try a selection of the finest Irish and French cheese. Eamon Barrett advising of "Wonderful food, elegantly cooked and served, showing a deep culinary culture. This small but perfectly formed bistro is truly not to be missed
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Just what the doctor ordered! Good food, modest portions, tasty wine and I was having French withdrawal before L'Atmosphere. It wasn't great. But on the coast of Ireland, it was a welcome meal with warm and professional service.

Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Went for the first time last night Monday as most restaurants closed and as it was a birthday we wanted to celebrate with a nice meal. We arrived at 7pm and found a table without any trouble. Menus were provided and wine list. A very nice red wine was selected and enjoyed with the meal. I opted for the tasting plate which was most interesting and enjoyable my companions making their own selections. I then selected the french classic beef bourguignon served with potatoes and vegetables but top heavy on beef and lacking in vegetables. I have to say that the beef was very tender but I did not care for the gravy/stock as it was too thick and over seasoned. For dessert I had a very delicious creme brûlée. My companions enjoyed their meal choices but later I developed severe indigestion which lasted all night. I was a little disappointed personally as the reviews are excellent and it being an award winning restaurant. I can only think that I picked an off night. I will try it again in the hope that next time around I will have a better evening.

1  Thank Peskypilgrim
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I went here for my birthday with my boyfriend and the staff were so nice and friendly .I got out for dinner alot and this is one of the best meals i have ever had amazing service with a smile in a lovely warm environment. Definitely try the mixed starter!!

1  Thank lugie
Reviewed October 29, 2012

4 of us visited last night, 2 went for the early bird & 2 a la carte menue, bill came to 130 euros that was with 1 bottle of red & a glass of white excellent value, their steak was probaly the nicest ive eaten in a long time, staff were well informed of the menue & couldnt be more helpful, cute little french girl there lol, couldnt recommend this place enough, well done all will be back sooner rather than later,

Reviewed October 15, 2012

L'Atmosphere do a brilliant 20 euro early bird menu with 3 courses and a glass of wine, you can't beat that! The food is really good, my only quibble would be that the menu doesn't change, so I've eaten pretty much the same meal here 3 times.