“A Beautiful Surprise”

L Atmosphere Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 177 Restaurants in Waterford
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tucked away within a quaint townhouse in the heart of Waterford City, L`Atmosphere is an authentic French bistro and wine bar run by Arnaud Mary and Patrice Garreau since 2005. Expect fresh and seasonal cuisine prepared by Arnaud and dedicated chef and served by a courteous and professional staff. A multy award winning eatery fearuring a unique variety of local fish and sea food, you will also find the best of Irish beef, poultry, lamb and when in the season wild game. Quality, local ingredients cooked with precision and flair are the emphasis. Sofisticated desserts prepared exclusively by pastry chef Patrice Garreau provide a suitable ending to mouth-watering meal. Alternative try a selection of the finest Irish and French cheese. Eamon Barrett advising of "Wonderful food, elegantly cooked and served, showing a deep culinary culture. This small but perfectly formed bistro is truly not to be missed
“A Beautiful Surprise”
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Had heard great things about this place - all from French people who I thought were biased. Had Saturday evening early bird menu and the experience was almost faultless. The food was beautiful, fresh, wholesome, tasty and excellent value. The staff were very pleasant and informative about menu choice. I do wish they had a cloakroom, I really hate having to hang my coat on the back of my chair. Would I recommend? absolutely!!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Bazerelli

“Overpriced and hit-and-miss”
Reviewed November 16, 2011

We have visited this restaurant countless times. Unfortunately, we discovered on the last 2 occasions (within the last 4 months) that in spite of the Government lowering VAT on eating out in Ireland, this restaurant has increased its prices twice. To make matters worse, the waitress denied this when we commented on it; however, we ordered the same things each time we visited, so we know how much they cost! This seems like a cynical move considering the economic situation here at the moment, but maybe it explains why we could get a reservation for 2 for 8 o'clock on a Saturday evening when we rang at 2 o'clock that same day.

The food is reasonable but can certainly be hit-and-miss; we've had both good and bad meals here. The same could be said of the service.

Overall, I really wish I could recommend this place, but I won't be returning any time soon.

• Visited November 2011
Ireland
“Lovely Food”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

A group of 10 of us ate at L'Atmosphere last Monday night and were very pleased. It's a small restaurant with plenty of 'atmosphere' and every course was delicious. I'd be happy to recommend.

Visited November 2011
Waterford, Ireland
“One of the best in town”
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I regularly visit this restaurant and I'm never disappointed. It's a beautiful restaurant tucked away in a quiet street. The food is superb and the staff are French to add to authentic French cuisine. I'd highly recommend a visit to this restaurant

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Damien B
Waterford, Ireland
“wonderful food with excellent service,complete package.very impressed.”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

11 friends went to L'Atmosphere on Saturday night and what an experience........ staff so helpful and friendly ,standard of food excellent, 100% to the chef who made sure us fussy girls got what was ordered,setting beautiful , place full with happy people and the name lives to its title, L'Atmosphere .price excellent , would recommend this restaurant for a great night out.

• Visited October 2011