“Lovely Stay in Sligo”
Review of Pearse Lodge B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sligo
Pearse Lodge B&B
Ranked #1 of 24 Sligo B&B and Inns
Rome, GA
“Lovely Stay in Sligo”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My son and I had a lovely time here. It was a quiet, spacious room. The breakfast that Mary and Keiran served were always of exceptional quality and prepared perfectly. Everything was kept clean and in good repair. They couldn't have been more informative and helpful, no matter how often we wanted or needed their knowledge.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank mruo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This B&B was just lovely! The room was clean, warm and welcoming, the proprietors were welcoming and so helpful! It is just short walk from the center of town and an easy drive to nearby attractions. We had a great time here!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Veronica R
Knock, Ireland
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Lovely B&B, one feels welcome straight away, you can sense that it's a real "labour of love", the service is very friendly too, a most comfortable experience and I hope to be back to visit again soon.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank FrNige
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed December 14, 2013

This B&B is a bit off the Sligo town centre but still not far (it will take you ~15-20 min to walk to the quays and central streets). Perhaps an ideal ‘temporary’ home for those who travel in their cars, but also having charm of a more typical and older B&B. Rooms are spacious, nicely designed, cozy, and there’s a full range of facilities, incl. tea cattle, cups and dishes, iron board etc. Sitting room is available for guests’ use. An outstanding feature is the breakfast menu which I think offered a choice of about 10 items daily. The hosts, Mary & Kieron, were welcoming and friendly. My mom and I arrived about 8pm and Kieron provided extremely useful advice on our dining options. Those proved to be worth exploring. Very clean and well maintained place. Surely good value and excellent quality for your money!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kirill_Muradov
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I didn't know anyone who had visited Sligo, so I chose this B&B based on the reviews here on Trip Advisor, and I am so glad I did.

First off, the GPS in my rental car was not exactly precise, so I ended up being directed to the wrong address. I called Pearse Lodge and Mary answered the phone. When I told her I was lost, she figured out where I was and drove to meet me, so that I could follow her back to the B&B. I couldn't believe she would go to that trouble rather than just directing me over the phone!

I stayed in the poppy room, and the decor was beautiful. Most B&B's are clean and efficient, but my room was absolutely gorgeous! All of the furnishings were new and stylish, and very comfortable. The location is nice and walking to town is very doable. The breakfast was amazing, and everything is prepared from scratch.

Mary and Kieran were also very helpful in recommending attractions in the Sligo area, and are very proud of their area (deservedly so!). I wish I had more time there! I would recommend at least 2-3 days (or longer) to anyone planning a visit.

I will definitely be coming back to Sligo, and will definitely stay at Pearse Lodge again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Bowral, Australia
Reviewed November 16, 2013

After travelling through UK and Ireland staying at different Guest Houses, B & Bs, Inns, etc, for last 4weeks, this was definitely the very best of them all. Great value, spacious, style, pristine cleanliness andwonderful hosts Mary & Kieran, the room was beautifully appointed, truly comfortable, big bed with lovely pillows,warm, REAL wi if, quiet, private, beautiful breakfast served with delightful style, well, what more can I say except if you go to Sligo, you have to stay there. Mary and Kieron will go out of their way to make you welcome . The establishment is within walking distance to the town od Sligo and Mary"s suggestions for a good meal and some Irish entertainment was "spot on" . Thank you Mary & Kieran, we wish every success. I wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: We had the back room which was perfect however I am sure they are all great as the accommodation win...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cjurdrn
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed with my wife in September. In many travel books and manuals County Sligo doesn't get the attention it thoroughly deserves but it is through no fault of this magnificent B&B. It is truly outstanding with spacious, luxurious accommodation with amenities of the highest standard and, if few pay a few extra euros to stay in "The Beech" a private sitting area with a suite feel about it. Breakfasts are an absolute highlight and the complimentary computer for guests is a nice touch.It is an easy walk to Sligo's embarrassment of quality restaurants and bars. This place is great value even if you don't opt for "The Beech". Perhaps the pinnacle of our 32 days in Ireland. Many thanks to Mary and Kieron, our sensational hosts.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple