“nice food good atmosphere”

Coach Lane at Donaghy's
Ranked #4 of 124 Restaurants in Sligo
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2012

the goat starter was outstanding, fish&chips excellent, all in all a very good evening in a very nice atmosphere

1  Thank crapaudine

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Nice ambience. Good food. Family style service. Very comfortable and warm. Nice place. Try it, you will not be disappointed.

2  Thank edmund_nicholas
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Tucked in a little alleyway, a little gem awaits you. As soon as you step inside you are greeted with a friendly smile and welcome.
Food , service and atmosphere was 100%. Credit to the chef (owner) and his staff.
Will be back again soon.

1  Thank Albany Lodge P
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have spent some months in Sligo on a work assignment and I have eaten at Coach Lane, both in the restaruant and pub, about six times - on my own, with my wife and with business colleagues. On each occasion, the food and the service has been never less than excellent. If someone asks me to recommend a place to eat in Sligo, Coach Lane is at the top of the list.The only warning I have for people is the portion size of some of the starters (as pointed out in previous reviews). Together with the complimantary loaf of bread, they make a substantial snack on their own, washed down with a pint of Guinness or a glass of wine - and I have done that on a couple of occasions! The only slight blemish for me is that the waiting staff in the upstairs restaurant rush around the place which I found a bit off-putting. When I mentioned this to the manager when paying my bill, she said that it was the proprietor's rule for his staff that they move at pace. This is a very minor issue for me in a most satisfying experience. I'll go back many times.

1  Thank JoMaRoSoIsWi
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Huge portions but excellent quality food. A real treat, staff friendly. Love the way the bread is served at the start. Lovely menu with a great selection. Would go back again.

1  Thank HMDIreland