“Brilliant restaurant”

Poppadom Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 128 Restaurants in Sligo
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: indian,asian,fusion,vegetarian friendly,Gluten Free options, Halal,
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

The food is wonderful and great value for money. There wasn't a long wait. The servers were accommodating and a lovely atmosphere. Very happy with the overall experience and would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone. Im looking forward to going back.

2  Thank Catherine J

Reviewed August 16, 2014

I ate here some years ago and I was well impressed with everything in the restaurant.

However I was very disappointed on our return visit .

We asked for poppadums and a jug of water, neither of which were delivered. We asked for a wine list, but were told that there was only the house wine. We were told that this was a "Pinot Grigiot", but then they brought down a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc. No explanation was offered for this change in wine, the bottle was just plonked in front of us, as if to say we don't care if you want this or not.They did not ask us if we wished to sample the wine first.

The toilets are dirty and in need of a good clean.

I spent ages trying to get the waiters attention for the bill, despite there being a plethora of them knocking about, but they seemed to lack direction a bit like the restaurant. The waiters were sullen in their manner.

On the positive side, the food is very tasty. I had the cod in tempura for starters which was excellent and the other dishes we had were good.

This place badly needs a good manger to overhaul the slovenly service of the staff.

1  Thank timfinnegan
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Good service reasonable price. Convenient to local pubs including a traditional music one opposite The Sligo City Hotel.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

I'm not a great one for Indian so I was delighted when our waiter was able to suggest some items from the menu that he thought would be a good place to start. This set us at ease and we were really delighted with the food, the service and the style of the restaurant.
I will definitely go back.
Small things that would make a huge difference - the toilets are plain and lack any resemblance to the cosy contemporary style of the main restaurant. The Stairway/entrance could do with a revamp and the 'plant' at the top of the stairs is well past it's 'sell-by' date, giving a less that appropriate first impression to this lovely restaurant.
Enjoy.

2  Thank TrishKellySligo
Reviewed July 27, 2014

This place sounds as though it will be warm and friendly, with good food and service. Well, the food is good, but the waiters act like they can't be bothered even to PRETEND to be the slightest bit interested in serving people. I waited and waited and waited for someone to notice I had finished a course, and there were TWO other parties in the entire place. But this is the worst: They advertise a three-course meal, but it turns out the third course is tea or coffee! Are you kidding me?! So, I'm not recommending this place to anyone.

2  Thank Conrad A