“Wonderful!”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2017

I was staying in Sligo through July and August and would often curl up here and eat, drink and write...

The staff were always wonderful and the food always delicious!

Thank you!

1  Thank LuxuriousNomad_com

Reviewed November 6, 2017

Went with a group of 14. Food was good, good prawns or potted crab starters nice. Ordered medium rare steak but came out well done. Good selecton on menu, generous desserts. Wines start mid 20s€. Large helpings of veg, potatoes lyonnaise or chunky fries.

3  Thank PeterADH
Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

Five of us ate here on sat 27th Sept.From the moment we entered the establishment the service was 100%.We had a couple of drinks before the meal and the bar staff were polite and professional.They recommended a couple of nice gins off their vast gin menu.Our food order was taken in the lounge and after a few minutes we were brought to our table in the restaurant.A selection of homemade breads were on the table when we seated.All five of our starters were very nice.For mains two of the ladies had the special sea bass.One of us had a fillet steak and two of us shared the house special chateaubriand. I can not state how good all the mains were.The fish and steaks were cooked to perfection and accompanied by a nice selection of veg and saute potatoes and garlic potatoes.The restaurant also has a wide and reasonably priced wine menu.We finished off with beautiful homemade deserts and freshly ground coffees. Overall a highly enjoyable night out and could not fault this restaurant in any way.Also nice pint too.

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

Whet here on a Sunday pm. Busy early pm. All the staff were extremely attentfull however the main course did not live up to expectations. Stater (prawns) was very nice. However for a place that markets itself on being a self styled 'steakhouse' this was a disappointing experience. On presentation the fillet steak looked good however as soon as the knife was put to it it was clear it was not up to expectations i.e. Rubbery / difficult to cut. Furthermore, it was not hot. I had to ask for it to be reheated. The sides were nice & more than needed or requested - does one need chips & sautéed potato??? They didn't have the wine I requested but having said that the 2nd choice (& cheaper) Italian choice was fine. In fairness, the waitress took my comments back & I was offered a 'free' desert. I had the desert (Berry crumble) which was, although nice, to sweet. The coffee was standard take away quality. All in all, a disappointing experience. But the service was good & attentive but sadly that won't bring me back on my next trip to Sligo.

Reviewed October 1, 2017

Our party of 8 was well looked after by nice staff with pre meal paints in the bar/lounge. Set up a nice table with great menu and food was served with a smile....this is an ideal venue if you like your burgers and steaks