“Nice downtown hotel”
Review of The Glasshouse

The Glasshouse
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Sligo
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Close to the evening activities downtown. Nice rooms, get one by the water if you can. Nice friendly staff. Parking garage, restaurant & bar if you don't want to go out. Highly recommended. Has a modern flair, not old Ireland.

Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank m t
Write a ReviewReviews (1,726)

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I stayed here previously 2 years ago & I was almost as impressed on this stay as I was after that one. Check in was quick & friendly & I used the lift to get to my room on the 3rd floor. I’d booked a single & was happy with the size of my room. Clean & modern, it was brightly decorated & had a comfortable double bed, large wardrobe, wall mounted flatscreen tv, luggage rack, tea/coffee, safe, iron & ironing board, smoke alarm & plenty of natural light. It had air con, a desk mounted electric fan & a large vertically hung radiator. No problems with noise from inside or outside of the hotel.
Size wise, the bathroom was a little disappointing & I also had problems with controlling the temperature of the shower, the pressure of which could have been better. That said, the bathroom was clean with fully tiled walls & floor & had everything needed with bath, non fixed shower head on a riser rail, bath screen, towels, toiletries, large mirror, shaving socket, wall vent & retractable clothes line. A small issue with the positioning of the toiletries in the shower which were in a fairly cramped corner, more or less, right underneath the shower spray rather than on the side wall as is more commonly found.
Complimentary national daily newspapers were available from reception & parking was free for guests in the hotel’s underground car park, just remember to get your ticket validated before leaving the hotel. Breakfast was from 0700 to 1030 but unfortunately I overslept & missed it, so, can’t comment on it but the oversleeping tells you how very good the sleep quality was in my room.
Checking out was as quick & as friendly as checking in had been.
My previous stay had been better but only because of the small issues that I had this stay with the bathroom (none of which I mentioned to the hotel staff because they didn’t really inconvenience me too much for just a one night, one person stay & yes, I was asked on checking out if everything had been ok). I’d still have no hesitation in recommending this hotel & will stay there again when i get the chance to do so.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
9  Thank Gaildorfblues
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed in the glasshouse last week with my mum and sister who had just had an operation. We stayed in the junior suite which was amazing. The room was fab with a massive king size bed and another single. The room also had floor to ceiling windows with a balcony and a mini kitchen and office. Nicest room I've ever stayed in and wasn't to expensive considering there were three of us. The food was also excellent and the staff were
Very helpful allowing us to take food back up to the room for my sister after breakfast. Will definitely be returning to this hotel when in Sligo again.

1  Thank mcmf1
Reviewed December 16, 2012

So the hotel is ok, the bat is lively, the restaurant is ok, the rooms are typical although the 1970 hipster look is a bit much. It's clean and that's good. There is no plugin the bath room so you need to dry your hair in the main room. The Internet in the room is only wired and it did not work but they were 'fixing it'. There is no gym but you can run the channel right outside.
Like I said....ok not bad not wow

1  Thank Omni99
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Night staff were extremely rude.room was not cleaned to a high standard.disappointed considering the price. The location is superb with stunning views of the town but was left disappointed with the the above issues.the next time I have to stay in Sligo I will be taking my business elsewhere

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank smithJoe
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for two nights . Dec. 9th and 10th. In fairness they have spruced up the hotel since we were last here. Even the paintings looked fresher and brighter and they overhauled all the furniture with new covering. Not luxurious but easily maintained and easy to keep clean.
The room we had, 406 was quiet just like we like it except for the fact that the radiator started gurgling when we went to bed and continued to do so all night. We got an awful nights sleep. It turned out it was a air lock. When we reported it next day and it was promptly fixed,

The next night we decided to watch a pay for film. The Amazing Spiderman. It started off being out of sync.We rang down to reception. They had somebody sort it out but within a few minutes it was out if sync again. We weren't charged for that. Next Morning when checking out all the girl at reception could say, is "sorry". We thought it bad form in the sense that on the basis of all the inconvenience the hotel could made some gesture of good will towards us.

We have stayed in the Glasshouse quite a few times and spend quite a lot of money there. It is very convenient to everything and the staff are top class. We would like to have a weekend or whatever space of time we would spend there hassle free to enjoy without things going wrong. Hopefully next time we will.

• Stayed: December 2012
Glasshouse_GM, Manager at The Glasshouse, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear FinolaIreland,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience here at The Glasshouse with us and fellow Visitors.

We would like to thank you also for bringing these issues to our attention. As you mentioned, the issue with the radiator was fixed when brought to our attention. However, the issue with the TV was highlighted to us in early December and when acted upon, we found this was an external issue with our entertainment providers, whom which we contacted in relation to the issue. This issue has since been resolved. Our guest feedback is a key tool for us in resolving issues like this as quickly as we can possibly do so.

We would ask you to inform us of these issues you experienced when booking in the future and we will do all that is possible in making sure your next stay is your most enjoyable yet!

Kind Regards,
The Glasshouse Team.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My sisters and I stayed here recently and were very impressed. This is my third time staying in this hotel and it has always being good. Its perfect location for all sligo has to offer in restaurants, shopping and nitelife. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the hotel is beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. My only criticism and its the bedroom was very warm and the room we stayed in only had the option of opening the door to the balcony which we had to keep ajar by a pillow.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Roansy,

We were delighted to read that your enjoyed your recent and previous stays with us! We have an unbeatable location, in the center of Sligo town.

We were concerned to read about your experience involving the room being too hot...the next time you are staying with us, please inform us of this and we will request that you get one of our air conditioned bedrooms.

Kind Regards,