“Lovely,relaxing break at Glasshouse”
Review of The Glasshouse

The Glasshouse
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Sligo
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Just back from great weekend in the glasshouse hotel. The hotel itself is v modern in design and decor,the rooms are super comfotable and spotless. The food in the bar was lovely and breakfast v good. Lovely relaxing atmosphere in the bar and hotel in general.We also found the staff so helpful and friendly.We could not fault this hotel in terms of comfort,location and value for money.We will definitely be back!

2  Thank Carol M
Glasshouse_GM, General Manager at The Glasshouse, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

Dear Carol M

Thank you for taking the time to review the Glasshouse Hotel following your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to note that you had such an enjoyable stay and indeed we look forward to seeing you back with us again soon. I have passed you kind comments onto the rest of the team for their appreciation also.

If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on gm@theglasshouse.ie.

Brian O’Farrell

Write a ReviewReviews (1,726)

Reviewed October 20, 2011

Staff very friendly, food very good, great location, prices excellent

Room Tip: Our room a little bit on the small size, felt the towels should have been changed every day
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Glasshouse_GM, General Manager at The Glasshouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2011

Dear JoeFloGalwayIreland

We are delighted to note that you had such an enjoyable stay with us, and indeed we look forward to seeing you back with us again soon. I noted on your room tip in relation to changing of towels and apologies if these were not changed for you; part of our environmental policy as highlighted in bathrooms includes that towels left in the bath are changed and those on rails are not, however we can review this further. Your kind comments on the staff and general overview are much appreciated.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

My husband and I are frequent visitors to Sligo and always stay at the Glaushouse. It is after all the most central and convenient to everything in Sligo town. When we go there,we park our car in the hotel carpark (which is free if you are staying) for the duration of our stay and walk everywhere. The hotel needs a bit of a spring clean at this stage. It's decor has become a bit dated. It was funky when new. If you want a quiet nights sleep, do not book a room in the front of the hotel. While they boast about the waterfall of the Garavogue river outside the front of the hotel. It is so noisy. It is like a motor running right through the night. Several times having forgotten, we made the mistake of getting a front room overlooking this. But we have learned since to book only rooms at the back of the hotel. We will return again on our next visit

Room Tip: Book a room in the back of the hotel. Front rooms are too noisy with the noise from the waterfall

Dear FinolaIreland

We are delighted to note that you enjoy staying with us, and indeed we look forward to seeing you back with us again soon. We are currently in the process of reviewing some upgrades within the Hotel, and would aim to have some of this online before the end of the year. I appreciate your comment on the Garavogue river and especially with the amount of recent rain there is quiet a flow; however some guests find this rather soothing, that said when you are next traveling, just let us know and we can allocate a room at the opposite side for you.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

We stayed in the Glasshouse last year and went back for one night this october. Great spot and very central to everything. Hotel is very clean and rooms are really lovely and modern. The only downfall I had was the breakfast was cold. Would still go back here as we really enjoyed our stay.

Dear patrickmcdermott850

We are delighted to note that you had such an enjoyable stay and indeed we look forward to seeing you back with us again soon. Please accept our apologies in relation to the breakfast; I have raised the matter with my head chef who is reviewing to ensure that such scenarios never occur again.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

I stayed here on the 23rd September for 2 nights and have to say hotel staff really helped me out can't remember the guys name think it was Gavin, after locking my keys i the boot this guy was more than helpful.
Hotel is very modern despite what other people say can't understand how anyone would compare this to a hostel the rooms might not be to everyone's taste but myself and partner and the other couple we were with thought it was nice, the rooms were clean big and had a great view, plenty of parking walking distance to everywhere.
The breakfast was very nice not really a big fan of buffet breakfasts but it was good plenty to fill you up, we also had lunch in the hotel it was great couldn't fault it prices are hard to beat.
I would also recommend a restaurant above the Clarence hotel called Limoncello the food in this place is brilliant.
I'll defiantly be back.

Room Tip: get a room with a view
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear irishracer

We are delighted to note that you had such an enjoyable stay and indeed we look forward to seeing you back with us again soon. I have passed you kind comments onto Gavin who was assisting you with the problem of your car keys and indeed to the rest of the team for their appreciation also.

Reviewed October 14, 2011

I stayed here with a group of friends for a hen party. All our rooms were clean and comfortable. I did find that some of the rooms were very warm. There was a problem with my television and a workman was at my door within five minutes of contacting reception, very speedy efficient service. I did not eat in the hotel so cannot comment on the quality of the food. It was great to have complimentary underground car parking. The hotel was in a good location close to good restaurants, pubs and clubs. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Grainne

Reviewed October 9, 2011

This hotel is nowhere near four star, with staff who just don't seem to care and have attitude when ever they are asked for assistance it really doesn't make a guest feel welcome. Also I would not recommend their food. Overall you can find much nicer places to stay in sligo.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank travelsoundp

Dear travelsoundp

Thank you for taking the time to review the Glasshouse Hotel following your recent stay with us here in Sligo.

I was disappointed to note that you did not enjoy your recent visit; however would like to thank you for providing feedback. The quality and friendliness of the staff are regularly commented on and I would like to apologise if you felt or experienced otherwise as it indeed is not the way we strive to deliver on customer service.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with you in further detail, and may be contacted directly on gm@theglasshouse.ie.