“friendly and fantastic”
Review of The Glasshouse

The Glasshouse
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Sligo
Reviewed July 21, 2011

my wife and i arrived late to a lovely welcome, receptionist was charming and manager (sean i think ) chatted and was very welcoming .
the room was spotless well designed and very funky . we went to the bar which gave us a chance to look around the hotel, very clean , modern , impressive , friendly staff . next day the receptionist spent about ten minutes chatting with us about places to visit , we went to lisadell house , great choice.
my wife and i booked an evening meal whilst staying here , it was lovely , definately 5 star, restaurant was lovely , bright and airy.
overall i could not fault the glasshouse , friendly , clean, funky hotel with fantastic staff, unbeatable value , pity more hotels cant get up to their high standards .
many thanks to manager sean ? and his great staff .

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Glasshouse_GM, General Manager at The Glasshouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2011

Dear courtney347

Thank you for taking the time to review the Glasshouse Hotel following your stay with us.

We are delighted to note that you had such an enjoyable stay and indeed we look forward to seeing you back with us again soon. I have passed you kind comments onto the team for their appreciation also. Sligo is indeed a vibrant location with loads to offer to everyone from great food, craic and loads of varying activities.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on gm@theglasshouse.ie if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed July 21, 2011

Stayed here 2 nights, once at the start of our holiday and again at the end of the hoilday. Both times we had a great time, very friendly staff recomemend a great fish restaurant and bars with live music. We will return here again. Could nt fault this hotel at all. We did make breakfast which was fresh and lots of choices.

• Stayed: July 2011

Dear Bunessan

Thank you for taking the time to review the Glasshouse Hotel following your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to note that you had such an enjoyable stay and indeed we look forward to seeing you back with us again soon. I have passed you kind comments onto the rest of the team for their appreciation also.

Reviewed July 21, 2011

just back from staying 3 nights at the Glasshouse Sligo - very good hotel in a great location
food was very enjoyable - I have to say the Staff were very efficient and polite at all times - very willing to help with any queries.
We cannot wait to go back again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear mairebeth

Reviewed July 19, 2011

Central location, nice clean hotel, lovely staff, very friendly. Nice quiet place to stay. Rooms very comfortable especially the ones with the balcony onto the river.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Dear Lireland

I note that you were here in Sligo on business; if you have not got a corporate rate agreed with us already for future stays, we would be delighted to review this with you. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on gm@theglasshouse.ie.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

We stayed at The Glasshouse for two nights in July 2011. We booked a deluxe room as it included the breakfast and were advised it was a slightly larger room and over looking the river. The room was nice and an adequate size, nothing special. The funky colours suit the style of the hotel however they appear to have gotten grubby with usage. The room was clean but attention to detail was missing, i.e the edges of carpet were not cleaned, the duvet cover was ripped at the seams and tea, coffee and milk sachets were not replaced for the second morning. Overall I feel this hotel lives off its location as nothing else sets it apart from other hotels. The service was good and the staff were friendly but again nothing you wouldn't expect in the hospitality industry. I definitely would not rate this hotel as being 4star. With a few improvements this hotel could be so much better as it has the best location being right on the riverside.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are on the riverside, standard room face the street
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear JenniBelfast

We were delighted by your kind comments on the great service and assistance provided by the staff during your stay at the hotel, indeed I have passed this and the comments on the problems encountered onto the team for their review. I recently took over as General Manager at the hotel and we have been reviewing and implementing various procedures and processes in order to improve the standard of product and service we deliver on a daily basis.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future and indeed should you wish to provide further details of your stay, I may be contacted directly on gm@theglasshouse.ie.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

I stayed at The Glasshouse last weekend and found that it was good value for money. It is is a great location that is on the doorstep of town.

The rooms are spacious, clean and the beds are very comfortable, I had breakfast included in my room rate - which was excellent. I didn't manage to venture down until nearly closing time but everything was still available and fresh.

The staff are very friendly and informative on what is going on in the local area and were happy to suggest activities and places to visit during my stay.

On the Saturday night the hotel was full with a couple of hen parties staying but you couldn't hear any noise from the room or even feel over crowded due to the maximum occupancy.

I would highly recomend The Glasshouse and will be staying there again next time I visit Sligo.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Dear TiffanyP6850

If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on gm@theglasshouse.ie.

Reviewed July 11, 2011

We stayed here for two nights hoping to see the town and visit this 4* hotel.We booked a deluxe room-as we were hoping for more comfort and a larger room.The weekend we stayed in the hotel it was in cold weather.We were out after a day shopping and when we returned to the room it was freezing.We called housekepping and they said they would bring us up an extra duvet and they did.But it was so cold our teeth were chattering.So we decided to take a visit down to reception and the girl there was so nice but she told us that all her heaters had been taken out by other hotel guests and she had none left.So we then asked for more blankets and had a hot drink at the bar.The hotel room itself was clean and spacious and had lots of glass from floor to ceiling which is great in warm weather but we will know for again not to book a hotel with as much glass-we never knew that a hotel where you shold receive comfort and above all warmth could be so uninviting.The bar staff downstairs were very nice and helpful and the breakfast was a buffet and it was very nice to look out onto the river in the morning.This hotel is great for looking around sligo in the summer but do not book it in the winter!!!

Room Tip: Book hotel when its warm-deluxe rooms are spacious
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family

Dear sorcha1700

Thank you for taking the time to review the Glasshouse Hotel following your stay with us here in Sligo last November.

We were delighted by your kind comments on the great service and assistance provided by the staff during your stay at the hotel. Indeed while I was not at the Glasshouse during the cold spell, I am aware of the issues experienced nationwide by the uncharacteristic weather. We have been reviewing some procedures in order to minimize impact where possible in the future.