“Ireland Oct 2013 trip”

Ranked #32 of 123 Restaurants in Sligo
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Very full breakfast and everything was very fresh and the service was great even though the restaurant was packed with travelers

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Myself and my partner ate here. We both found the food very good and the servers were friendly and professional. I am a vegan and the kitchen staff were happy to cater for me despite the fact that the restaurant was busy. My partner is a meat eater and he found his food very good also. The restaurant is nicely designed and is beside the river so if you get a window seat you will have a nice view. The only problem I have is that the room was a little cold (we were beside the window and as the name suggests "the Glasshouse" is built from a lot of glass so maybe it wouldn't have been as cold in other areas of the room). I would recommend this restaurant.The bar food in the hotel is also very good.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We had the bar food - fish and chips and found it to be very good quality and the service was prompt and friendly. We enjoyed the view of the river and the overall atmosphere - it is not fine dining but good quality food at affordable prices. We also had tea and sandwiches made freshly by one of the bar men after our night out and the service was excellent.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We were staying in the Glasshouse hotel for 3 days and ended up trying both the bar food here and the restaurant food also.

On each occasion the experience was excellent, our waitress and waiters were prompt, friendly and informative about special offers and the dishes available.

Everything we ordered was very nice and of a pretty good quality, the pricing is excellent value, especially if you want a drink with your food in the bar. The restaurant was also an excellent value 3 course meal with high quality food, its not Michelin star stuff but it is really nice unpretentious food with good portions.

Highlights in the bar were the steak, the chicken maryland, fish and chips and the brownie with ice cream for desert. In the restaurant the supreme of Chicken is highly recommended.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I went here for lunch yesterday with my sister and grandmother. The only reason we went there is because it was a sunday and everywhere else seemed to be closed. The menu itself looked promising, not exciting but definately not bad. Things started to go down hill drastically though when the waitress came over. She literally knew nothing about any of the dishes and was extremely sullen and unhelpful. I asked whether anything came with my meal of mussells. She literally asked me to hand her my menu, took a look at it and just said "cream". Considering the dish was "Mussels in a white wine and cream sauce" this was stating the bloody obvious. She didnt even offer to go and check so i asked her to- she came back and said garlic bread came with it. however when i got the mussells there was no garlic bread. When i said this to her she was extremely defensive and eventually got me a portion of garlic bread. My sister ordered lasagne- she also asked if veg came with it. She was told that nothing came with it so she ordered a side of veg- but when the lasagne came it already had salad, veg and chips! The portion of vegetables that she had already ordered were described as "A selection of buttered veg". But in reality all it was was mashed carrots, which were cold, and slimy cabbage. Her lasagne wasnt even really lasagne- it was more like a shepherds pie as there were no layers at all. When i went up to pay there was about 8 staff just standing around doing nothing. Considering the place was quiet and the order was hardly complicated, i really dont understand how the service could be anything but attentive and friendly. Instead the whole experience was such a dissapointment that even my grandmother, who is generally extremely polite, couldnt bring herself to leave a tip. I dont understand why everything was so terrible considering the hotel always seems to be doing business- i presume they rarely have visitors who return. I for one definately wont be!! (also in my review i have listed a few items as average only because i havent used or seen them)

4  Thank IrelandMayaGrace