“Expensive for what it is”
Review of A Casa Mia - CLOSED

A Casa Mia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hosting a communal table seating up to 26 people which is surrounded by cosy individual tables for a those wanting a more intimate experience. Outside seating also available on Tobergal Lane which is Sligo's pedestrianised area along the Garavogue river.
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We decided to go here as its meant to be an italian tapas bar, well its italian, spanish irish, the prices are very high for sligo 8.50€ for 6small over salted calamari rings, 2 tiny chicken skewers 6€ and they were the type you get in tesco cold meat section, not fresh chicken breast on a skewer, only nice bit was the chorizo potatoes even tho they were drenched in oil, wouldn't come back, it has potential as atmosphere is nice, the food is lacking the italian authenticity

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I eat here regularly wraps so tasty and desserts are delicious very reasonable!staff are excellent :))

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Visited with a friend on a lovely summer's evening during the heat wave. Went inside and sat down, waited for about 20 minutes before deciding that we were invisible or part of the wall paper or there was a secret code to get the waiting staff's attention! The manageress noticed finally that we were planning on leaving and came over. Service was offhand and slow.The food itself was tasty and well cooked - no complaints there. It was like we were an inconvenience to the waiting staff,they made no eye contact, and they bustled past looking busy but no awareness of customer's needs. A waitress stood polishing glasses and studiously looking away from people, whilst other staff congregated at the till, chatting and ignoring customers. Will return and hopefully have better service as the food was quite good, if over priced.

2  Thank AmberIreland
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Sunday late summer and I Go into town for a coffee. Where should I go?? Ah the new Italian bistro " Casa Mia". Sure every Italian outlet must pride themselves on their coffee standards............. right?? WRONG!! I'm a sucker for good coffee and this is nowhere near good coffee. The staff are not trained or experienced in coffee making. An art form in Italy and it should be the first thing you get right if you are going to open an Italian "Branded" outlet. My coffee was made with dirty grindings still in the basket (not cleaned), grinder was set "way off" as I was slightly shocked to see my espresso FLOW into my cup in less than 10 seconds. (under half the time it takes to pour a proper double shot.........) and as a result my coffee was bitter, tastless and binned just around the corner outside.

I'm sorry to rate this so poor because I haven't tried the food or table, but sometimes you only get one chance to impress in this game and Casa Mia failed at the first Hurdle. New Establishment, new opertunities, faled, no excuses please!!!!

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

My partner and i were out for our anniversary dinner and i have to say i was pleasantly surprised at the atmosphere and quality of food and service. The male waiter with the glasses was very friendly and attentive. The food was top notch and the large table is a great idea. Very nice late night atmosphere