“Well worth the journey”

Harrys Bar & Gastro Pub
Ranked #35 of 121 Restaurants in Sligo
Cuisines: Seafood, Irish, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Located on Rosses Point Promenade the pub enjoys spectacular views over the islands Oyster and Coney. Local Chefs provide fresh, homemade, really tasty seasonal fare from the locality. The Pub has been in the Ewing family for five generations built by Fenton's Great Great Grandfather Thomas Ewing circa 1870. It boasts a spectacular quirky character, with tons of local maritime memrobelia on the walls. The highlights of the pub are the many large fish tanks and the historic well in the back bar giving the pub the nickname "The pub with the well". Casual dinnig with Reservations Recommended. Free Car Park.Free WI FI.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well worth the journey”
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Just stopped off in Harry's after a friend recommended it and I must say it was excellent.
Great service, high quality food and the atmosphere was second to none.
I'll be back tomorrow.

• Visited January 2014

• Korean first
Cavan, Cavan, Ireland
“Warm and cosy”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We popped in for a quick drink and to enquire about food and found a lovely quaint typical seaside pub. Barman was pleasant, but we were disappointed to find food not being served for a number of weeks, especially as we had read wonderful reviews about the grub :.( Looks like a return visit will be due!

• Visited December 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“A little gem”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

After attending a wedding in the local area, the entire wedding party and guests all piled into Harrys for a celebratory drink before heading on to the reception venue. It is a beautiful, quaint and homely pub that was welcoming and the perfect place to toast a life time of happiness for local girl and her new husband!

Visited September 2013
Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois
“Nice Atmosphere, Very Nice Meal”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We had dinner at Harry’s Gastro Pub this evening. It was just down the road from our bed and breakfast and was recommended by our innkeeper. It is nicely decorated and there is ample parking just across the street in the seaside road parking lot. I had the seafood chowder for a starter. I am generally not a seafood fan, but we were literally across the road from the ocean, so it seemed like the time and place. I was flavorful, without being fishy, and had many chunks of fish and shellfish. My wife had the tomato basil soup, which she enjoyed and remarked that it had a taste that reminded her of a fresh tomato sauce. We both enjoyed the brown bread. For my main course, I ordered the lamb pie, which was similar to a Shepherd’s pie made with slow-cooked lamb chunks. I liked the sauce and the creamed potatoes were also good. My wife ordered the crab claw starter for her main dish (to save room for dessert), and she said that it was very well done. We both also enjoyed the salad that came with our meals. She had the raspberry cheesecake, which she said was creamy and that the raspberry was nicely tart. I enjoyed my homemade chocolate ice cream. The prices were reasonable, because all of this plus a pint of Guinness and a sparkling water was under 55 euros. I would also recommend Harry’s Gastro Pub for the food, value and atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Frank F
Bow, New Hampshire
“Great Service and Atmosphere with a Well”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Although we only stopped in for a drink in the middle of the afternoon and no one was there but us, we truly enjoyed our time there. The bartender was very nice. Service was good. She even took our photo. We sat around the well and even got to watch someone open the well and feed the fish that were in the bottom of the well. I'd like to go back when it's hopping and if I ever get back to County Sligo.

Visited September 2013