“Delicious Lunch”
Review of McHughs Bar - CLOSED

McHughs Bar
Cuisines: Irish, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Description: Bar & Restaurant in Sligo town in the West of Ireland.Lunch served Mon-Fri: 12-4pm & Saturdays 12-5pm.Delicious locally sourced fresh produce with a friendly service.Live music and DJ's at night time.
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Arrived mid afternoon in Sligo. Once settled into our B & B, we went on a search for lunch. McHugh's was one of the pubs that had been suggested and I am glad we went. We settled on soup since it was not that far from dinner time. My husband had the Seafood Chowder which he said was the best he tried on our trip and I had a delicious Carrot Soup. If you are in Sligo, give McHugh's a try.

1  Thank Roskot_519

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Dined here while out shopping in Sligo when on holidays. The service was really fast and friendly and the meal was delicious and reasonably priced. Special mention must go to the young waitress/barmaid who was so efficient and very pleasant. Despite being very busy taking orders and serving drink she had a smile and a friendly word for everyone. Alovely touch was the complimentary small ramekin given after our meal containing a few pieces of fresh fruit.
Will definitely be back!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I'm not in Sligo too often and when I get to eat here it's usually a Saturday.
I haven't veered from the wraps because they are SO good! Any of them - either the beef one or the chicken and bacon. Highly recommended. No issue swapping out chips for extra salad either.
Good service too - I've always found the staff friendly and helpful.
I'll be back time and time again!!

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Just been to Mchughs for lunch and it was awful. Ordered a fish and chips and a chicken panini, 5 minutes after ordering our food came out. The fish was greasy and warm only, the panini was obviously microwaved as all around it was solid, you couldn't even bite it. When i spoke to the waitress she claimed it had been made fresh and wasnt microwaved, she said it must have been in the panini press for too long, which would be impossible as our food came out extra-ordinarily quick, that and its only a microwave that makes bread turn like that. Vinegar is watered down soo much that you cant taste it. It is a nice pub for a good pint though.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great quality pints and coffee - perhaps amongst the best in Sligo even. The Mains and Desserts are delicious. Service fast and friendly. I'm a big fan of the apple tart myself, and the ice-cream... awesome! Love the ice-cream here. Always quirky and always lovely.

Yeah, so dinner can be a little bit pricey. But you get what you pay for, especially in this case. I don't mind paying an extra euro or two for double the quality you'll get anywhere else.