All reviews one night slieve league a wonderful place to stay walk into town irish hospitality spent two nights cold meats ample parking sligo city rosses point doreen ireland bnb accommodations hairdryer
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed at the Tree Tops B&B with a friend just for one night but I have to say it was by far the BEST experience I've had in Ireland. Doreen is just lovely, so welcoming, kind, helpful and friendly we immediately felt at home. She gave us very useful info about how to walk to the city centre (very close!) and suggestions about places for grub. She even drew a map for us! She also gave us great ideas about what to visit in the surrounding areas.
The room was extremely clean and the garden outside very well kept.
The breakfast was amazing! Great selection of very tasty stuff. Plus: maple syrup (instead of the cheaper golden syrup) and manuka honey (I couldn't believe it!).
Definetely top mark for this B&B! And if I ever go back to Sligo (lovely place by the way) I will stay there again for sure!
Thank you so much Doreen. That is exactly what people would like to find when they go to an Irish B&B!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed for one night and were warmly welcomed. Our well appointed room overlooked a large and well maintained garden. The breakfast menu was comprehensive and we both rated the cooked breakfast as excellent.
The tastefully furnished and spotlessly clean house had a homely atmosphere and was in a pleasant residential area. Sligo town centre was only a 10 mins walk away at the bottom of a slight hill. Parking was off the road and at the side of the property. Having stayed at many B&B’s we thought this one was outstanding.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oldtravellerswife
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We traveled all over Ireland staying in many bed and breakfasts, all of them being great, but Tree Tops was by far the best! Doreen pays every attention to detail and makes you feel like you're at home. The breakfast was such a treat and again the best we have had on the trip. You must stay at Tree Tops and in Sligo a beautiful area with small seaside towns an easy drive away. Outstanding!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed here a year ago and had the fondest memories. Returned this year and it is every bit as good. Doreen is so welcoming, knowledgable and helpful. She told us how to get the best out of the area, things not in the guide book, but well worth a small detour. And nothing was too much trouble. Where to eat, with recommendations and so much more. Thank you, Doreen

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We recently completed a 3 week vacation during which we drove around the entire island of Ireland. Over 20 nights we stayed in 18 different Bed & Breakfasts, paying between €50 to €80, and £60 to £65 in Northern Island. This review is based upon the relative merits of Tree Tops Bed & Breakfast with respect to other B&Bs that we visited. Of the eighteen B&Bs we visited, I only awarded 5 star ratings to the five very best. Tree Tops merits a five star rating because I felt it was an exceptionally nice place to stay.
We paid €70 for the one night of our stay, including breakfast. Payment was requested in cash; apparently the phone companies in Ireland charge an exorbitant fee to maintain a phone-line for processing credit card transactions.
The interior of Tree Tops is quite nice – it is sparkling clean, with beautiful furniture, and nice modern bedrooms and bathrooms. The grounds are well maintained, someone at Tree Tops apparently likes to garden. The rooms were quiet at night – no noise from the street or the adjoining rooms.
Tree Tops really excels at breakfast. The dining room is very nice. The breakfast bar is impressively stocked with the usual cereal, fruit and yogurt, but also offered waffles, mini-pancakes, and muffins. For my hot breakfast, I selected French Toast and bacon (ham). The hostess came by with extra slices of French Toast! I did not need to eat lunch on this day.
Tree Tops is located a short distance from downtown Sligo, but it is easy walking distance to the restaurants for dinner. The map on their website makes it easy to find this B&B.
If there is a tiny complaint, I found their parking lot a bit tight for parking our rental car – most of the parking spots were already occupied by earlier arriving visitors. The best plan for visiting Ireland is to rent a small car – the smaller the better!
If you visit Tree Tops B&B and Sligo while the weather is good, I recommend driving out to Knocknarea and doing the short hike up to Queen Maeve’s Cairn – the views up there are tremendous.
Tree Tops is a treasure and I highly recommend it.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Enyedy00
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

Dear Mr. Enyedy,

Many thanks for your kind and generous review of our Bed and Breakfast. I hope you arrived home relaxed and content after your holiday in Ireland.

In relation to payment I fear you may be mixing us up with another B&B.
We are happy to accept Credit Cards and are meticulous in leaving it up to the Guest to decide how to pay.

We have a contract with Bank of Ireland and use their terminal to process transactions paying a modest monthly fee and a small commission.

It was really lovely to meet you both and I thank you for coming to stay with us. I greatly appreciate that you have taken the time and trouble to put up this review. It is very important to us.

Sincerely and with every good wish from Sligo, Ireland.

Doreen