“Delicious food!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Passing by the restaurant from Temple St, this restaurant doesn't look like much, however from Market Square it is very different. Adorned by a Chinese waterfall at the entrance with an ambient atmosphere, this entrance is much more enticing. Having spotted the Mini-buffet we were curious about what this could mean as all the usual signs of a buffet (hoards of food under heat lamps) were absent. We were presented with menus and invited to choose as many starters as we wanted. A starter may mean a single rib or a spring roll so you do need to order a few, however you may order more after the first round. Likewise with the main course, each portion would be approx. two-thirds of an 'a la carte' portion. The food tasted as if it was all made fresh and was delicious. Desserts were a wide range of standardised frozen pre-packaged, however this did not detract from their flavoursome taste.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

The menu is an all you can eat buffet menu. The portions are very small but you can order as many starters/mains as you like. I went with a party of 7 and all were extremely satisfied - the food was delicious and we could not get over the price. We each bought a bottle of wine with us which they charged a corkage fee of €2 - we all went home a little tipsy and with full bellies and it only cost us each approx. €20.

The only negative thing to say is that we could have done with a little more room, we felt a little squashed at our table - but this is only a small complaint.

Will definitely be going back :)

1  Thank SnoopSligo
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Never been here before since it opened as China City. The Restaurant itself needs a bit of a revamp and some heating. Other than that the food is fab. Loads of choices which is great if you want to try something new. Portions are small but you can order as much as you like. Starters are tasty. Main courses are small but order a few selections. You can order as much as you like. Good value. Dessert is extra but not expensive. You can bring your own drink which is great. Will definitely be back.

1  Thank TracyK24
Reviewed October 29, 2012

ate here as a group, shown a dark table in the corner first , asked could we sit at window, tables all empty bar 2 , with people at them, no no waitress said 7....thinking she meant booked at 7.we sat at table near desk, she wasnt really happy we sat here eitheir ? ,during time we were there no one came in or sat at any other table.......
because it was empty and music wasnt on ,very quiet,waitress had bad english so unless you knew your menu was all you could eat,didnt tell you or ask would you like more etc,no offer of drinks or teas desserts after..,very quick to lift dishes before your finished,service very poor.
food okay very small portions,less then half,very little meat in them,and dishes all swimming in thin sauces to pack it out more.,took advice here and ordered 2 or 3 at a time.
when paying she tried to charge me for drinks we didnt have,then when i pointed to table in front of desk,where we had sat she mumbled and looked at other table.no sorry or mix up happened.hate to see what happens when its busy here.
would i go back , no . spending hard earned money on rare treats out , i like to feel like im out.could have this at home ,and enjoyed it more.

1  Thank rada8
Reviewed October 19, 2012

If you are looking for a good chinese take away in Sligo then this is definately one to avoid!!! On my first occasion ordering from this 'restaurant' I returned home to find that I had been given someone elses order!! It had been late and we were hungry so just ate it anyways.However on ordering a second time I again received the wrong order!!! Iphoned the restaurant and was made feel that it was my fault that the order was the wrong one and asked my name. She quickly spluttered 'oh there was someone here with the same name as you and they must have got your order'. I was then asked if I had eaten anything yet as I would have to pay for it and if my order was more costly than the one I had received then I would have to pay the difference..Unbelievable! On my last occasion ordering from them (NEVER AGAIN) They forgot one item- I returned and spoke to a young girl who went to find out where it was. I waited and was approached by a second girl who also went to see what was happening as I had spotted girl number one serving tables!! Two other customers were at the desk waiting on service as they too had received the wrong orders. You would have to see it to believe it. There does not seem to be any proper system in place for taking orders and althought the place always seems busy, staff are walking around like headless chickens. Althought he food was fine, I would definately give this place a big thumbs down!!!! A disaster!!!

3  Thank shaz01131