“Amazing”

Henrys Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 122 Restaurants in Sligo
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: 100 seater Restaurant and 40 seater bar open 7 days a week. Table service lunch from 12pm - 3pm Monday - Saturday and 7 choice Carvery Lunch from 12pm - 3.30pm Sundays. A la Carte Menu served from 3pm - 9:00pm Monday - Saturday & 3:30pm - 9:00pm on Sundays. Catering for all parties and family get togethers. Our SHUTTLE BUS circles to 20 minutes catchment areas namely : Mullaghmore, Cliffoney, Grange, Lissadell, Calry, Sligo Town, Strandhill, Rosses Point, & Kinlough for groups of 10+.
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Some of the nicest food I've had. Very reasonably priced with very lovely staff. Very family friend
Y too. So good!

1  Thank Lee M

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Had a wonderful dinner here, ordered Bangars and Mash with Red Onion gravy and it was excellant. We were amazed by the buzzers on the table to get you waiters attention.

2  Thank manokes
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Good food with very friendly staff. Large servings of food. Seafood mornay was excellent. This place runs a minibus service so you don't drink & drive.

2  Thank Gill D
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I pre-booked to bring a group of 15 visiting hill-walkers to Henry's. We were collected in several venues by their excellent mini-bus service. Unfortunately that was the only part of the evening that was good. The service was appalling. We waited 25 minutes before we got any drinks - water or wine! An hour and 10 minutes to get our starters. There had been two other couples on the bus with us. They had both finished their meals and were paying before we got anything! No explanation for the delay and no apology. Not even bread on the table just a very long wait. The young staff seemed to have no direction. We tried pressing the service bells on the tables to see if we could get their attention but then watched as the staff noticed the red lights on the board but did nothing about it. No one came to ask why it had been pressed. When I queried the delay with the manager who had taken my booking and asked how the others were finished before we got anything, I was told that it was because we were a large group. If they can't cope with groups they shouldn't take their bookings! We waited a further 30 minutes after our starters were cleared away before our main courses arrived! Four of the group ordered steaks. At 7.50euro extra on our set menu (no A la Carte for groups) we thought these were pricey but even more so when we tasted them. They were tough. One had been ordered rare but had barely any pink, let alone red. One was ordered medium rare and two medium but all were well done. As soon as I cut mine I told the waitress that it wasn't as I had ordered it but that since it had taken so long to come I wasn't sending it back. At no stage did anyone come to see had we everything we needed or if everything was ok. One young waiter walked along by our tables after we got our main courses asking did we want any more sauces or dips. I have no idea what he meant as I don't think we had any dips! Our steaks came on a large pile of mashed potato and yet were also accompanied by chips. Very odd (and unnecessary). The dessert plates were poor and straight out of the fridge. A selection of 3 small desserts with no explanation as to what they were. In fairness most of the rest of the group, who hadn't ordered steaks, were happy enough with the food they received, once they got it. At the end of our meal they manager came to see if we were happy with our meal in the end. When several people complained about the ridiculous delays throughout our meal and the lack of service, he didn't once apologise but instead tried to defend it! Having organised the evening for the group I was extremely embarrassed and disappointed by the whole experience and particularly by the lack of concern on behalf of the staff. Despite living locally I will not be returning to Henrys

8  Thank MgtR
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We called to be picked up by Henry's personal driver (Brian) to start the evening. The food was plentiful and delicious as were the drink. When we were finished we were driven home by Matty, safe and sound. Excellent service all around. Highly recommend it!

4  Thank Kirk M