“Wonderful restaurant in the heart of Sligo”
Review of Eala Bhan

Eala Bhan
Ranked #1 of 122 Restaurants in Sligo
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Eala Bhan Restaurant in Sligo Town offers the best in fine dining, specialising in fresh Seafood and Steak.
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I tried this restaurant a couple of weeks ago with my boyfriend and we thought it was really really good. We had the early bird menu and what can I say if not that it's brilliant quality and very good value. The service was quick and friendly.
I really recommend to eat in Eala Bhan. You won't be dissapointed.

There are newer reviews for Eala Bhan

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We visited recently for Sunday lunch as a party of 7 and everything was excellent. Food portions, service and value all top class I would recommend to anyone looking for a good value quality Sunday lunch. Looking forward to visiting again soon.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

my wife and i were in sligo for 2 days on 18th and 19th february. it was janets birthday.
my brother and his wife live in strandhill and they joined us for a meal in eala bhan on the 19th.
it was a wednesday night and the restaurant was quite busy.
from start to finish we enjoyed one of the best meals we have ever had.
while looking at our menus we were given an espresso of celeriac soup and also some fresh olive breads with basil pesto. we knew straight away from these alone we were going to have a lovely meal.
there are approximately 8 starters, 12 mains and 6 desserts.
all i can say is you will want to try them all.
we all ordered different starters and mains.
the duck, pork belly, taste of the sea were all very well presented and were lovely.
my brother and i had steaks for mains and they were cooked perfectly to order,
medium and medium/well.
the girls had hake and sea bass, and said that they were also lovely.
the presentation and taste of all the food we had was very impressive.
there is a chef here who really knows what they are doing.
including wine and coffees our bill was 45 euro per person.
now some people might think that is a bit expensive,
however, we live in dublin, and a meal of this quality would cost 60 euros per person,
the service is excellent,
i would have no hesitation in recommending eala bhan to anyone to go and enjoy a fine dining experience.
i would imagine if you are dining here on a weekend you really should book early.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Myself and my hubby visit Eala Ban quite regularly for the Early Bird menu, unbelievalbe value and fabulous food. Our most recent outing was for the Valentine special. This i have to say was AMAZING!! The Food was perfect, the menu was exciting and delicious. Perfectly cooked, which is difficult when your hubby is french and likes his meat practically raw. He was blown away with it! The staff were as always, polite and prompt. I would highly recommend Eala Ban to anyone & everyone!! Book in advance to avoid disoppointment :D
Stephanie & Lionel x

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Booked the table while we were staying in Sligo as it was recommended to us as a good restaurant. Had 3 course meals starters and deserts was amazing and presented very nice and taste good. Had a steaks for a main course and it was tasteless..wasn't impressed at all. A bit disappointing but service was excellent. Wine selection could be a bit better. Nice and clean but no wow.. As it was recommended and had so many awards - I was expecting a bit more. After all pleasant visit.

1  Thank Migle999