“Amazing! Well worth a visit.”
Review of Eala Bhan

Eala Bhan
Ranked #2 of 120 Restaurants in Sligo
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Eala Bhan Restaurant in Sligo Town offers the best in fine dining, specialising in fresh Seafood and Steak.
Dublin, Ireland
“Amazing! Well worth a visit.”
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Had a meal in Eala Bhan on Sunday night with my husband and our two friends and from the moment we arrived we received amazing service and a very high standard of food. Staff were so pleasant and helpful,we commented amongst ourselves a couple of times during the evening how professional they all were. The host Anthony was very well up on the wines and recommended a great White!
The restaurant is warm, clean and very comfortable.
Our meals arrived out in a timely fashion & hot. (an other other review suggested otherwise, & that was certainly the case). I had a risotto with goats cheese and the flavours going through were utterly sublime. My friends were equally happy with all of their selections & my husband is still talking of fish cakes starter (filled with crab and cod). The dessert of salted chocolate tart was like none we had tasted before. Well worth a visit for this alone.
Over all we couldn't find a bad work to say of this restaurant & we are looking forward to revisiting.

Visited January 2014

Ireland
“Wonderful food outstanding service ”
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Pear & Blue Cheese Salad out of this world the sharpness of the cheese & the sweetness of the pears married wonderfully together. The salty caramel shortbread desert was to die for. Wonderful selection of wines. Carly our waitress went over and above to ensure our needs were met her customer service skills were outstanding. Toilets were spotless. We will most certainly be returning.

Sligo, Sligo, Ireland
“Riverside”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Warm welcome, nice atomsphere,good service food is good well presented,reasonably priced & nice selection. Restaurant very clean & toilets well keep. worth a visit while in Sligo

• Visited December 2013
Sligo, Ireland
“Beautiful Restaurant/Food/Service”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I have had the early bird in Eala Bhan twice in the last four weeks and it was exceptional value. They are booked out so I will advise anyone to book in advance. Anthony Gray the owner is big on customer service and went out of his way to give me a table at short notice. The staff are very friendly and the food is presented with style and cooked to perfection. The surroundings and lighting are very impressive. I have also visited their sister restaurant Tra Bhan in Strandill Sligo which was a great experience also.

• Visited December 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Much better quality for less in Sligo”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

I was recommended this place by my cab driver as they have a €20 3 course early bird menu .

I entered with high hopes, classic white interior and simple menu but then that's all it ever was. The cheap out of places sunset canvasses should have given it away .
My fish and chips were dry and unseasoned , they attempted to make it seem better with a board plate and mini fry chip container as is the trend but when the food tastes bad what's the point.

My dessert never came but my partners did and when I asked for it once, twice the third lady I politely told I would skip the meal, the ice cream then appeared long after my partner had finished so I simply said no thanks.

The wine by the glass is below standard and so you'd think maybe they'd put better wines by the bottle as a clever trick but alas nope just poor wine.

They ended up not charging me for the wine which seemed to be the waitress giving me that look of " I know this place is fake as" but good on them

There are vastly superior meals around town from a price and food perspective. You can't cover a poor chef and housewife design with magazine table settings I'm afraid. Small changes could make a world of improvement.

Visited January 2014