“Excellent Biryani”
Review of Source Sligo Restaurant - CLOSED

Source Sligo Restaurant
Cuisines: European, Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
NI
“Excellent Biryani”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Excellent dinner, service is efficient and polite. Biryani was definitely the best I've tasted, chocolate torte was delicious too. The food was very fresh and tasty, I would look forward to returning here.

Ireland
“Nice Food but overpriced”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Had dinner at this restaurant on 2nd November - it was fairly quiet for a friday night but I guess thats a sign of the times. We were seated quickly and given menus. The selection was limited and prices for starters and desserts were quite expensive. Main courses were priced ok and the quality of the food was good. This is a fairly large "open plan" restaurant and I would think it is not a place to "linger" over dinner. If you want to eat in an intimate restaurant this is not the place to be but the food is good and if you want a quick meal you will not be disappointed.

• Visited November 2012
West Midlands
“Amazing!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We went for dinner here on our first night in Sligo and Wow, what amazing food and for 2 courses for 3 with drinks, it came to less than 100euros. I would definately eat here again!

Visited October 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“way over priced for what you get”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My first impression was that the decor was attractive, the greeting was warm and the order was taken quickly. The menu was limited with only 1 option for vegetarians. The waitresses knowledge was limited. If a customer asks if something is vegetarian they don't want your opinion, they want you to ask the chef. You cannot guess if the stock that went into it was chicken or vegetable. She also said that there was no bone in the chicken. My friend absolutely hates bones in chicken and would of happily got the steak if the waitress had GUESSED right, that it was on the bone. My starter did not arrive. My friends extra portion of vegetables at dinner that he ordered did not arrive. The desserts that cost just short of 7 euro each were way over priced. The rice in the only vegetarian dish on the menu was very bland. They has a wine bar with live music upstairs. But those patrons had to go through the restaurant to get to the wine bar upstairs. Would I return - No. Would I recommend it - No
Glad to have had the experience so I could tell all of you though. .

Valroufie, France
“Third time isn't a charm”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We had been to Source previously for two lackluster meals but it had been a while so we decided to give it another try. Still very mediocre. I had a dish with chicken, lentils and chorizo which sounded like a good combination.The dish would have been fine if the kitchen had not added way too much of something sweet. This sweetness issue is what ruined several dishes in our earlier trips. If we want dessert we will order it! My wife ordered a cheeseburger that was past well done even for Ireland. The accompanying sauce was very sweet (big surprise) and the side salad had a dressing that looked like fluorescent ketchup.The only positive thing I could say is that the service was better although not great.You would think that a place with a cooking school upstairs would turn out better food but the third time for us will be the last time.