“Wonderful”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Sligo, Ireland
“Wonderful”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I had a to take a few people out to lunch and had only a short time available. I called Source and they were able to take my order over the phone, this saved us time on ordering on arrival so when we went it we got seated & within minutes our lunch was set down to us. There were 13 of us in total & I have to day not one of us had a single complaint..... The food was fabulous. The staff were at hand for anything we needed & were extremely & happy.... I have to say we had the most fabulous lunch and as a result we are booking our company xmas party in the venue this year. I would highly recommed this restaurant.

• Visited May 2011

IRELAND
“Simply superb!”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We went to Source despite the bad reviews and were very glad we did! Its a lovely big airy building where we could choose where we wanted to sit. Our very friendly waitress gave us the lunch menu and normal menu. Even though it's not the largest menu ever everything sounds delicious! I had the chicken salad and my friend had the rib-eye steak. Both were fantastic! Would have loved to try their desserts as they sounded fab but we were both nicely full.
There is a deli at the front where items like hummus, pesto, ready meals, breads, sausages, jams etc are for sale. It's great to see that they are all local produce.
They also have a cookery school and I am very tempted to return in the near future. The list of courses for July and August were displayed.
In conclusion Source is a fab restaurant and I'd highly recommend it.

1 Thank PIPTYPIBE
Sligo, Ireland
“Please up your game!”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I have been to source on about five occasions.
To state the positives....Sligo has being crying out for a venue like this:
A beautifully designed wine bar and an inviting restaurant (seats a bit unyielding though) , so far so good!
Problem-
On each occasion the food has failed to impress and has left us completely underwhelmed-
It simply does not live up to the claims made by the restaurant-
Yes it may be Irish, but classic and contemporary it is not .
It does not taste of restaurant quality
.The cooking has an amateurish feel to it - trying really hard to be something but not succeeding.
A pear and goats cheese salad ,for example,simply did not work with a left over poached pear in red wine.
Might I suggest Source addopt a more classic bistro approach to cooking - work from recipes that have been tried and tested- There really is no need to reinvent the wheel.

I must stress I really want this restaurant to succeed !! I will revisit as there are few options for dining out in Sligo and I hope that the food will soon start living up to the restaurants claims of classic and contemporary

Visited July 2011
Olivya, Manager at Source Sligo Restaurant, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
We endeavour to produce and serve excellent quality food in a relaxed atmosphere with quality that is constant.
We have taken your comments on board and have discussed each point with our Head Chef in order to make any adjustments necessary.
We appreciate your support and look forward to your next visit. Thank you for your feedback
Waterford, Ireland
“A little bit disappointing”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Firstly I must say I love the decor and ambience of this restaurant and I LOVE its philosophy of using locally sourced ingredients. The menu read really nicely and there were loads of things on it I wanted to try. But everything I had was a little below par and frankly a little disappointing for what promised to be a great dining experience. My partner's duck salad with raspberry dressing for starter was bland. The clams in my 'Trio of Local Shellfish' were gritty, but the sauce was delicious. I had the veal tournedos for mains - they were over-cooked and under-seasoned, but everything else on the plate was delicious. My partner's pork escalope was also over-cooked and the 'crispy' pork belly was not well cooked - the fat had not rendered down sufficiently and there was NO crispy crackling, despite the name. The Tunisian style orange cake for my dessert was delicious, but the texture was too soggy as there was simply too much syrup poured over the sponge. All in all, the meal was fine, the service was great and the surroundings were fab. It wasn't bad value either. But they 'must try harder' with the actual cooking.

• Visited July 2011