“Hazelwood November 2013”
Review of Hazelwood

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I spent a delightful hour in Hazelwood with one of my sons on a late November afternoon when autumn was fading into winter and multicoloured leaves of yellow and gold, of beech and oak carpeted the woodland paths and floor. What a beautifully located woodland, how blessed is Sligo to have such beauty on its doorstep. I can appreciate that this woodland is lovely in all seasons and I intend to return here in the spring when I expect it will be particularly beautiful. There are some impressive sessile oaks of considerable age along the lake's banks and many tall, stately beech trees. I noted also some impressive western hemlocks (tsuga heterophylla) and Norway spruces. Even well-grown conifers can have their own beauty when well spaced and allowed to achieve magnificance. FGP Mayo

1  Thank FGP95

Reviewed November 7, 2013

every person who comes to sligo should do a number of things, and a visit to half moon bay in hazelwood is definately one of them.
There is a beautiful loop through the woods which you can cut off a a number of points, but if you do the full loop, is about 3km (2miles). Lots of local runners use this wonderful amenity as a location for a training run, but you are sure to meet families, people with dogs, couples etc enjoying this beautiful amenity.
it is also within striking distance of Sligo town, I regularly run from the Institute of Technology to hazelwood and back, with a loop around the woods, is around 8 miles, a great way to clear the head!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

What a place to spend quality time with family / friends , to sit by the lake and watch the antics of the ducks and swans and to help clear your head after a difficult day The views are really something and the peace divine

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Hazelwood is a lovely place to visit for a walk or to enjoy the scenery. Plenty of parking is available and the surrounding area provides many paths and walkways.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Took our 1st walk through Hazelwood today with my Daughter and 2 Grandchildren...one in a Buggy which was handy for me having 2 Hip Replacements I was able to walk the Trailed with relative ease...apart from 2 small areas where Tree Roots encroached the Path and I needed assistance to cross over them with the Buggy...spaced seating along the Trail also helped and easy access to the waters edge also made it enjoyable for our Dog...

Overall we enjoyed the experience and I think being able to feed the Ducks with the Children was the highlight of their Trip... well worth a visit if your not the energetic type and just want to stroll at your pace and take in the Lake views...

1  Thank David D