“WOW what a place” 5 of 5 bubbles

25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“WOW what a place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Well this was better then I thought it would be. Too imagine monks waking the hollows of this old old place is hard to fathom. Such a well preserved treasure.

Visited June 2013

Orlando, Florida
256 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 263 helpful votes
“Beautiful Abbey Ruin in town location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I really enjoyed visiting this Abbey. It is a ruin that is in great shape. Expect to spend about an hour here to read through your guide and check out everything. When we visited, they were not giving tours because the woman was alone, so she gave a us a guide and we did a self tour (fine with me). They do have tours normally though for a reasonable price. I was with a group of 4 and we paid only 3 euro each. If you have the time, stop by and visit, you'll enjoy it.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank KenmareLisa
Sligo, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“One to remember.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

During my visit to Sligo Abbey I was greeted by the tour guide. There's so much to learn on the tour that you leave knowing you've gained more knowledge of the past in the Abbey. When I first arrived I thought that there wouldn't be much to learn, but I was wrong. There is so much history about the founder Maurice Fitzgerald and the friars that held services there. I loved the whole experience and would definitely do it again. It may be low priced but it's certainly not low on information. It was an experience to remember.

Visited September 2012
minneapolis
177 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“Great stop.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is well worth the stop in Sligo. Loved seeing the abbey. Close to where we were staying. Central to downtown so easy to get to.

Visited June 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Worth a look!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Cheap to get in, interesting self guided tour and some great photos to be had.

Also, there are loads of spelling mistakes on the old gravestones which can be quite funny!

Visited May 2013