“Home away from Home”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Sligo
Limerick, Ireland
“Home away from Home”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Wonderful Hotel, full of charm, hotel is in the town centre, best caesar salad I have ever had.
Staff are very friendly, nothing is too much trouble.
The shopping centre is directly accross the road which suited my wife as I could watch the Rugby in the nearby pubs
We will be back!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
TrevCGM, General Manager at Sligo City Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Donal
We were all delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us recently. It is great to get such positive feedback from our guests.
We hope to see you back again soon.
Kind Regards
Trevor Canning (General Manager)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Carrick-on-Shannon, Ireland
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

I have to say I have stayed here a couple of times and I found the rooms very clean and enjoyed my stay. Staff at reception was very welcoming. I was very impressed in my second stay when I booked and paid for a double room but they upgraded to a suute with no extra charge which very kind of them. I will stay with them again for sure and I will tell all my friends.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
TrevCGM, General Manager at Sligo City Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Rebeccaff
We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again very soon
manchester
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Myself and my extended family stayed here whilst waiting for my brothers funeral the management and staff could not do enough for us ,I would like to say a special thank you to Brian and Trevor, the hotel did the reception for my brothers funeral with great compassion and thoughtfulness everything in the hotel including rooms and food was perfect I would personally recommend this hotel to everyone I know Norah Smith xx

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
TrevCGM, General Manager at Sligo City Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear rivergirl16
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us at the Sligo City Hotel.
We are delighted to see that we managed to make you and your family feel at home during the difficult time you have had of late
New England, North Dakota
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My wife and I and our adult son stayed here one night during a traditional music festival in November. We are from North Dakota, USA, and this was our second night in Ireland. Had to call the front desk to learn how to turn on the lights...room key, but everything else was great. Went out to the pubs and listened to a lot of great tunes. Loved the river and views. When we returned to the hotel, they were kind enough to unlock the piano so that my son could play and we and a few other patrons could sing. Life does not get better than singing in an Irish pub...in Ireland. I appreciate the hospitality. In 8 days in Ireland, I don't think we met anyone who was not kind, polite and friendly. Dublin, clonmacnoise, sligo, tubercurry, Westport, galway and Fermoy. Roots make for weird but fun routes. Best wishes!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms above the band that is playing US Country Western at 1 in the AM :)
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
TrevCGM, General Manager at Sligo City Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Dan G
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.
We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had such a Fantastic Holiday in Ireland .
Hopefully you will visit us again soon
Trevor Canning General Manager
Castlebar, Ireland
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed here recently for one night in the oyster suite. Our room was freezing when we arrived and had only a electric heater on the wall to heat the room, which was nice and cosy before we left! After a walk around the town we returned to the hotel to get something to eat to be told that the chef was gone home at 8:45. What hotel is finished serving food by 8:30?? The breakfast was not included in the price and cost €10 pp they started serving at 7:30 and we were there before 8 yet my rashers looked like they were cooked hours before. The full irish consisted of 1 sausage 2 rashers egg 1 piece of pudding and half a tomato. Oh and you have to make your own toast. Not impressed at all.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Laura S
TrevCGM, General Manager at Sligo City Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Dear Laura S
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us at the Hotel. I have checked the time you checked in and the Heating should have been on the room by this time. There is a thermostat on the wall so you can alter the room temperature that suits you.
Our Breakfast costing €10 includes a Range of Juices, Cereals, Fruits, Full Hot Breakfast, Toast/Bread, Tea/Coffee
Our Bar & Restaurant is open in the evenings from 6.30 - 9.00pm for evening Food so I will investigate as to why there was no food available when you requested it.
Once again it is a shame that you did not enjoy your break with us - I would be delighted to discuss your stay at a time that suits you
Trevor Canning (General Manager) 071 91 44000
Mayo
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Stayed here 12th Feb 2014 - Corporate rate of €60.00 for 1 night B & B with free car parking.
The hotel is in a great location, right in the middle of Sligo and opposite the Quays Shopping Centre so that is the first positive. The staff at reception were very pleasant and professional. The room was a little small and slightly dated but was perfectly adequate for my purpose. The bed was very comfortable but the pillow too hard for my personal taste but I got a good night's sleep nevertheless. There is a temperature gauge on the wall that allows you to control the heating in the bedroom but I couldn't figure out how to regulate the temperature in the en-suite. The en-suite was weird, as it had 2 external walls with 2 very large windows and was very cold - there was a heated towel rail but that seemed to have turned off during the night meaning a very quick shower in the morning. The bar was shut (Wednesday night) when I stayed, which I found most unusual so I can't comment on the bar food or service there. Breakfast was adequate with the only option for your cooked breakfast being the Full Irish, or your own variation of same but it is cooked to order. I would choose this hotel again for the location, free car parking and pleasant staff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank AchillIslandMayo
TrevCGM, General Manager at Sligo City Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Achill Island Mayo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us.
We were delighted to hear that you would come back to stay with us again at the Sligo CIty Hotel.
We are continuing to upgrade and refurbish our bedrooms and have a variety of room types within the Hotel. We do have a full Breakfast Menu available - apologies if this was not pointed out to you.
Bar Service is available at the Hotel every day. The Towel Heater in our bathrooms are on a timer system - we are currently looking at increasing the length of times they are on.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel soon again.
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My wife and I stayed here as part of a Valentine's promotion the hotel was offering. From the moment we arrived every member of staff we encountered were very pleasant. The room was very tidy and spacious. The food in the restaurant was fantastic. After our meal we had a few drinks at the bar and enjoyed the company of other guests. It was a welcome change to drink at a hotel bar were the barman was polite and cheerful. The hotel is located in the centre of the Sligo and within walking distance of all shops. I would definitely stay at the Sligo City Hotel again and recommend it to anyone visiting there.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Rabman
We were all delighted to read your review following your recent stay at the Hotel. We are delighted we made your Valentines Weekend away that bit more special. We would be delighted to see you back again soon with us.
Thank you again for taking the time to write your Review.