“Very comfortable, enjoyable stay”
Review of Sligo City Hotel

Sligo City Hotel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Sligo
Ireland
“Very comfortable, enjoyable stay”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here last week. We arrived at 10pm having booked online last minute at 9pm. On arrival we were greeted by a friendly receptionist who shows us where the secure car park was and gave us our key to the Coney suite. The suite was beautiful with a bed to die for, spacious suite with jacuzzi bath and large flat screen tv. Breakfast next morning was good but pots of tea and coffee would have been better than self service cups. All in all I recommend this hotel for a relaxing visit to Sligo

• Stayed June 2013
TrevCGM, General Manager at Sligo City Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Valerie
Thank you very much for all your positive comments following your recent stay with us at The Sligo City Hotel.
I am delighted that you received such a warm welcome and that your bedroom met and exceeded your expectations.
We have found that more and more Hotels are including as part of the Breakfast service the option for guests to get their own Hot Drinks & Toast. We have as you seen also opted to provide this service. Table service of Hot Drinks and Toast is also available at breakfast
Trevor Canning - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Sacramento, California, United States
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The desk staff at the hotel went out of their way to be helpful to me when my traveling companion became ill and was confined in the Sligo General Hospital.five days. When she was released she had to remain in the area for several more days until she was cleared to travel. At this point the hotel had been entirely booked in advance due to the G8 conference but they found us a room in the crowded city then welcomed us back when conditions eased.

It was a trying time because of the illness but the staff's understanding ,concern and helpfulness was very very welcome.and we were touched by their attention.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
TrevCGM, General Manager at Sligo City Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Jeff
Thank you very much for taking time to share your comments following your recent stay with us via Tripadvisor.
The team and I were delighted to be able to help you in the situation you found yourself in - Hopefully we made things that little bit easier for you - We hope you and your wife had a safe journey back to the US
We look forward to seeing you again very soon
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The Sligo City Hotel has to be without doubt one of the nicest and welcoming hotels I have had the pleasure of staying in for quite some time. The fact that it was my first time visiting Sligo made it all the more special. The top class service, excellent levels of communication, customer focus and personal touches were truly outstanding. I thought everything was wonderful especially the highly enthusiastic and friendly staff who really went the extra mile to provide exceptionally high standards, put it this way, I felt very spoilt! Your reception staff were particularly helpful when it came to advising us about local nightlife, restaurants and other attractions. All their recommendations were impressive! I loved the food and the fact that my needs were so well catered for by your lovely staff. What really stood out for me was the value for money, the to die for breakfast and the extremely high levels of cleanliness. Thanks again for providing such a warm, comfortable and desirable atmosphere that could only be described as a home away from home. Great credit is due to the management and staff for making our stay so memorable and enjoyable. What a great hotel and a great city. I can't wait to return for a weekend very soon. Well done...keep up the fantasically good work!

Room Tip: All I can say is that the room we stayed in was very bright and airy, it had a lovely view and overa...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
TrevCGM, General Manager at Sligo City Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Fionnoula
Thank you very much for taking time to share your comments following your recent stay with us.
The team and I were delighted to read such positive reviews - we are working very hard to maintain and improve our standard here - it is rewarding to read comments such as your own which indicate we are going in the right direction.
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I travel all over Ireland and Europe and I thinkI have found the worst hotel.The staff moral is on the floor, they show very little interest in guest needs. The evening meal when available is produced by the barman/ chef/ waiter, I hope he gets paid well!! A medium rare steak came out well done and when highlighted there was just a shrug of the shoulder,no interest. The Bar mid-week is very quiet even empty. This place is on its last legs.

1 Thank doggy61
Dear Doggy
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay with us at the Sligo City Hotel.
It is with great disappointment that I see your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I was taken back to see that you found that our staff moral and helpfulness was so low.
As you will see by the majority of our Trip Advisor comments this attribute is something that we really pride ourselves on and your experience with us was not the norm.
I have taken up your comments with the Barman and Chef on duty on the evening that you dined in the bar.
I would really appreciate the chance to speak to you regarding your stay with us.
If you could please contact me below
Trevor Canning - General Manager - 0044 71 9144 000 - gm@sligocityhotel.com
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful nite in the oyster suite it was a spacious room .huge tv and absolutely spotlessly clean .nice big fluffy towels . Bed very comfy .the location is excellent right in the town centre we have stayed in lots of sligo hotels and this is our fav the manager has his head screwed on and will go out of his way to make sure you enjoy your stay more expensive hotels like the glasshouse could learn a lot from this place ie customer service and cleanliness also breakfast was very good and no extra charge for room service overall a great hotel will return very soon

• Stayed June 2013
TrevCGM, General Manager at Sligo City Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Hello Linny
Thank you very much for your recent comments that you have shared via Tripadvisor.
The team and I were delighted to read such positive reviews - We are working very to maintain and improve our standards here - it is rewarding to read comments such as your own which indicate we are heading the right direction.
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel last weekend, weather was fantastic which was a great start to a fabulous weekend. Hotel very reasonably priced for its location. Found staff very helpful as i don't know silgo at all. Breakfast was lovely and room had great view with a great shower!! Would highly recommend this hotel for value and breakfast alone!

• Stayed June 2013
TrevCGM, General Manager at Sligo City Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Kaamaz
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.
The team and I really appreciate your kind words. What a bonus that you had the great weather.
We would be delighted to have you stay with us again.
Trevor Canning
Donegal Town, Ireland
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed recently me and my friends at the Sligo park hotel on a hen weekend. What great value for money. Staff were exceptional. Reception area so friendly and welcoming. Very professional general manager Trevor who dealt with us as we booked in. I would definitely recommend this hotel. It's in a perfect location. Breakfast was lovely. Definitely be back again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mary
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.
The team and I really appreciate your kind words
We would be delighted to have you stay with us again.
Trevor Canning