“No complaints for the Sligo Park Hotel !”
Review of Sligo Park Hotel

Sligo Park Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Sligo
Reviewed April 28, 2009

From booking to check-out we had a great experience at the Sligo Park. The staff are all great, helpful and friendly. Our room was spacious, comfortable and clean and was well maintained throughout our stay. We found the hotel well appointed and clean throughout. Breakfast every morning was plentiful and varied and the dining room staff very attentive. We had dinner in the restaurant on 1 night and in the bar 2 nights and have no complaints. There was a jovial and friendly atmosphere in the bar and we enjoyed the entertainment provided. All told a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
NorahB, Sales and Marketing Manager at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2009

Dear 2020 vision

We are really glad to hear that from booking to check-out, you had a great experience at the Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club, that you found the staff are all great, helpful and friendly, that your room was spacious, comfortable and clean and was well maintained throughout your stay. We note also that you found the hotel well appointed and clean throughout. Breakfast every morning was plentiful and varied and the dining room staff very attentive. It is good that you experienced the jovial and friendly atmosphere in the bar and that you enjoyed the entertainment provided. We are really glad that you had a very enjoyable stay and we hope you will return soon again.

Kind Regards

On behalf of Management of
Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club

Write a ReviewReviews (1,141)

Reviewed April 24, 2009

I just returned from a 3 night deal in the Sligo Park and whilst not the very best hotel I have ever stayed in, it was a great break. The hotel is about a 30 minute walk into the centre of the town.

All of the staff are really friendly and couldnt have done any more to help. Special mentions go to the receptionist Rachel who recommended a couple of restaurants which didnt disappoint, and the guy in charge of the restaurant who organised the breakfast queue brilliantly.

Rooms were clean and well presented. My only niggle would be that the room we were in had a deck which we couldnt get out to (though it did rain while we were there) and was overlooked by houses . This was a superior room and might have been better had it overlooked the frontage of the hotel.

We ate in the restaurant on one evening (part of the deal) and couldnt have faulted the food. Breakfast was grand every morning though extremely busy. I agree with other reviewers that a change of layout might help (or even a bigger area!)

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear Marcowil

We are very pleased to hear that you had a great break at the Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club.

Like many reviewers, you remarked on the really friendly staff and the fact that they couldn’t do enough to help.

We find it’s the personal input from interested, helpful staff who go the extra mile that people remark on and remember when their break is long over.

We hope you will return in the future,

On behalf of Management of Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club

Reviewed April 16, 2009

just returned from sligo park hotel after spending 4 days there with our 2 young children. we had a nice time but its not a 4star hotel. The main reception area really needs updating and everything could do with a good clean. The dining room also needs a makeover, these things coud really make a difference to this hotel. the rooms although small were nice and bright and the children enjoyed the pool. the food in main dining room was very poor the bar food was much nicer. location is good but there is nicer 4 star hotels in sligo.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
NorahB, Sales and Marketing Manager at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2009

Dear Macs Newry

Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel for your recent short break. We are glad to note from your review that you had a nice time. It is good to know that you found your room to be nice and bright and that your children enjoyed the pool and also that you found the bar food to be nice.

I am disappointed to note that there were some aspects of your stay that you found less favourable but I hope this didn’t take from what overall seemed to be a very enjoyable short break for all four of you.

The location of the Sligo Park Hotel is indeed very good, especially if you are interested in exploring the beautiful surrounding scenery, there’s certainly lots to enjoy in the vicinity of the well-located Sligo Park Hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

on behalf of Sligo Park Hotel Management

Reviewed April 14, 2009

We have just returned from a weekend stay at the Sligo Park Hotel. The check in was smooth and after hearing that my youg son was sick on the journery we were offered some water for him. I had pre- reserved dinner for the Sunday and the girl on checkin confirmed this was so.
The rooms were perfect and we had a double bed and a single which was perfect for the three of us. The decor was modern and the room was spotlessly clean.
The room was hot so we switched off the radiator and opened the windows.
On the Sunday evenng we had dinner in the dining room the food was fine, not fantastic but fine. A special mention goes to Arthur who accomodated my young son with a cheese toastie as he did not like anything else.
Breakfast was great though could be a bit congested. I would suggest getting rid of the island and make the breakfast area L - shaped and the people would flow better.
We had a great weekend and this was improved by the helpful staff.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
NorahB, Sales and Marketing Manager at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2009

Dear jenjacknick

We are delighted to learn that you had a great weekend, improved by the helpful staff at the Sligo Park Hotel. It is a shame that your young son was sick on the journey but from the tone of your review it would appear that he recovered quickly and it seems it didn’t in any way take from your overall enjoyment of your weekend.

We are always glad to hear of people enjoying themselves when they choose the Sligo Park Hotel for a well deserved break.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed April 6, 2009

My Sister & I planned a weekend in Sligo with our partners - I had a voucher for the Sligo Park Hotel. Upon check in everything was fine, my sister & partner came from Dublin so they arrived before us. We checked into our non smoking superior room (as per voucher) and it stunk of smoke (Not the hotels problem as I know this can happen, people smoke in non smoking rooms etc) the room was far from superior it was basically a large family room. When I phoned reception to tell them my issues she just kept repeating that its a non smoking room!! I asked for an Iron to be delivered to the room. When the young man delivered the Iron I asked him to come inside and smell the room, he agreed that it was bad and I asked him to explain it to the receptionist.. We were then changed rooms..In the mean time my sister had called into us and was shocked at our room compared to her "standard" room (Hers was much nicer) they moved us to a standard new room on the ground room which was MUCH nicer.. (make sure and ask for the newer rooms)
The corridors down the stairs past reception are very dark, dated and narrow and with all the housekeeping trolleys and other guests walking up and down it got very and hard to get by.
Breakfast the next morning the 4 of us went together - we waited 20mins to get a table, not enough staff on to cater for everyone, never got coffee or toast even though we asked numerous times. Similar situation the next morning too. There wasn’t even so much of an apology for delaying us.

We all enjoyed our weekend in Sligo but the Sligo Park Hotel was disappointing

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank TwinkleDust
NorahB, Sales and marketing manager at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2009

Dear Twinkle Dust

Thank you for taking the time to forward your thoughts following your recent stay in the Sligo Park Hotel. We are glad to note that your welcome and first impressions of the hotel were so positive. We are very glad to note also that you enjoyed your weekend in Sligo. It is such a beautiful, unspoilt area with something for everyone ,whether it is scenery, activities, nightlife or calm relaxation. We do hope you will take an opportunity to return again.
As you so fairly point out, it can happen that on a rare occasion a smoker will smoke in a non-smoking room. However we have an effective procedure in place to prevent this impacting negatively on the comfort of other guests.. It would appear that this procedure fell down on this occasion and left you with a feeling of disappointment for which we are very sorry and want to sincerely apologise.
If you would like to discuss this or any other areas of concern with me in person, I would be delighted if you would care to make contact with me. I will be pleased to assist in any way I can at any time,

Reviewed April 2, 2009

I totally loved this hotel. It was a weekend away present from my boyfriend for my birthday and told me to choose any hotel i wanted. I chose this one because of previous reviews and one of my friends also recommended it. This only small flaw I had was the heat in the room. My boyfriend and i found it very hot in the evening and night time even though the heat was turned down. But that being said some people would love the heat. The location of the hotel was perfect and the leisure centre was A+++ . Friendly staff very helpful and polite.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
NorahB, Sales and Marketing Manager at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2009

Dear Princess Beag

We were delighted to hear that you loved the birthday gift your boyfriend gave you : of a weekend away at the Sligo Park Hotel and that you enjoyed its perfect location, A+++ leisure centre and friendly, helpful, polite staff. We note your remarks about the heat, thank you. We hope you will choose to return soon again,

Reviewed March 9, 2009

My Fiance was on a class trip and was staying at Sligo Park on the day of our anniversary. I could not be with her but i wanted her to know i was thinking about her. I e-mail someone at the hotel and explained my situation. I recived a reply back telling me they were going to upgrade her room and send her chocolates for our special day. This is why I don't stay at the big chain hotels I tried to do the same at another big chain hotel and the wanted to charge me $50 for less than sligo park did for nothing. Every time I go to Irland I will be stay at Sligo Park.

• Stayed: March 2009
NorahB, Sales and marketing manager at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2009

Dear Daffatato

Thank you for your very kind comments following your fiancees recent stay at the Sligo Park Hotel.

We were glad to have been able to help in some small way to make her stay extra special.

We look forward to making you both welcome in the future,

on behalf of Sligo Park Hotel Management