“Top class hotel for such a low price!”
Review of Sligo Park Hotel

Sligo Park Hotel
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Sligo
Reviewed April 2, 2009

I totally loved this hotel. It was a weekend away present from my boyfriend for my birthday and told me to choose any hotel i wanted. I chose this one because of previous reviews and one of my friends also recommended it. This only small flaw I had was the heat in the room. My boyfriend and i found it very hot in the evening and night time even though the heat was turned down. But that being said some people would love the heat. The location of the hotel was perfect and the leisure centre was A+++ . Friendly staff very helpful and polite.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
NorahB, Sales and Marketing Manager at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2009

Dear Princess Beag

We were delighted to hear that you loved the birthday gift your boyfriend gave you : of a weekend away at the Sligo Park Hotel and that you enjoyed its perfect location, A+++ leisure centre and friendly, helpful, polite staff. We note your remarks about the heat, thank you. We hope you will choose to return soon again,

On behalf of Sligo Park Hotel Management

Write a ReviewReviews (1,155)

Reviewed March 9, 2009

My Fiance was on a class trip and was staying at Sligo Park on the day of our anniversary. I could not be with her but i wanted her to know i was thinking about her. I e-mail someone at the hotel and explained my situation. I recived a reply back telling me they were going to upgrade her room and send her chocolates for our special day. This is why I don't stay at the big chain hotels I tried to do the same at another big chain hotel and the wanted to charge me $50 for less than sligo park did for nothing. Every time I go to Irland I will be stay at Sligo Park.

• Stayed: March 2009
NorahB, Sales and marketing manager at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2009

Dear Daffatato

Thank you for your very kind comments following your fiancees recent stay at the Sligo Park Hotel.

We were glad to have been able to help in some small way to make her stay extra special.

We look forward to making you both welcome in the future,

on behalf of Sligo Park Hotel Management

Reviewed March 2, 2009

My wife and I and our son stayed here at the weekend and I felt I had to put a review on it. The Hotel is well situated just outside the city centre and the staff made us feel very welcome. We were booked in in no time and were informed about all the amenities. When we went to our room it was spotless clean ,large,and had a beautiful view towards the city and the mountains further north.
The reason for our visit was to surprise my Mother for her 70th birthday and the hotel staff couldn't have been more helpful in helping us to keep our secret. They even diverted her to our room where my 2 brothers,3 sisters, our wives ,husbands and her grandchildren were all waiting. She was really shocked and surprised and I thank the hotel for their help.
The food was fantastic and the service second to none. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
NorahB, Sales and marketing manager at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2009

Dear Paulhic

Thank you for your recent review of the Sligo Park Hotel.

We are glad you chose the Sligo Park Hotel for your Mum's 70th birthday celebration and from your review it would seem that you and your family are glad too!

Our experienced team here at the Sligo Park enjoy welcoming family celebrations and really adopt a sense of occasion by getting into the spirit of it all ; as in your case in helping to keep the surprise from your Mum.

Most importantly when the surprise element is over, we still follow through, as you describe, with fantastic food and service second to none.

Our best wishes to you, your Mum and all your family

Reviewed February 17, 2009

This was my second stay in the Sligo Park Hotel for my birthday with my husband and I have to say it was the best hotel room we stayed in Ireland. We booked a standard room but surprisingly were given a superior room with a jacuzzi which I really enjoyed! Food was beautiful both nights we dined in the bar restaurant and also breakfast. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay

Stayed: January 2008

Dear Simple 01

Thank you for your recent review of the Sligo Park Hotel. We are delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, which you mention was your second time to choose the Sligo Park. I note your remarks that it was 'the best hotel room you have stayed in Ireland' and that 'the food was beautiful both nights you dined and also breakfast.'

I hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back soon again

Reviewed February 16, 2009

This hotel does not do itself justice with the outside decor as we were pleasantly surprised when we were welcomed into a nice foyer by very friendly staff. The room while not hugely luxurious was cosy and comfortable. On the first night we went to the bar downstairs but left after the first drink...very quiet so abit of music playing in the background wouldnt go astray! However the staff are first rate especially in the Fitness Centre which has great facilities-one kind staff member helped me locate a lost hairbrush! We had dinner in the hotel on Valentines night...dont quite understand previous reviews of bad food as our's was lovely. Even got a rose and a glass of champagne thrown in! Breakfast also great with a good variety. Only thing I wasnt too keen on was the location...it is NOT ten minutes walk from town as advertised-it is half hour walk or 12 euro in a taxi! Apart from that many thanks to SligoPark for a lovely weekend.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Dear Henners Dublin

Thank you for your recent review of the Sligo Park Hotel. We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your recent short break right through …from the …. ‘welcome into a nice foyer by very friendly staff, to the first rate staff especially in the leisure centre where a helpful staff member was especially kind’. Also glad to hear you found your ‘dinner was lovely with a rose and champagne thrown in’ and breakfast also being ‘great with good variety’.

Your description sums up the type of short break we like to help our guests enjoy here at the Sligo Park Hotel.

Wishing you many relaxing breaks in the future,

Reviewed February 8, 2009

We have just returned from a three night stay in the Sligo Park Hotel and will certainly not be back! We were initally given a cold room with a broken window, overlooking a concete carpark and when complained to the reception they moved us to a warmer room, with a broken remote and a broken dvd player! Rooms seemed difficult to get into as people on our floor were rattling and banging at doors trying to open them throughout the nights we stayed! Dinner in the hotel is NOT recommended. Food was basic and very overpriced, as agreed with others on tripadvisor! There was little atmosphere in the restaurant and service was miserable. We did use the leisure facilities which were very good and clean, but the hotel does not deserve a four star as even a three star was hopeful from our experience.

• Stayed: February 2009
    • Check in / front desk
NorahB, Sales and Marketing Manager at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2009

Dear Co Antrim Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts following your recent visit to the Sligo Park Hotel. We are concerned that you didn’t enjoy your recent stay and have conducted a thorough investigation into the matters raised.

A routine maintenance check has identified a small rubber seal missing from underneath the catch in one of the bedrooms, which overlook the tarmac tennis courts. This seal has been replaced.

I am glad to note that you enjoyed the facilities at the Sligo Park Health and Leisure Club, which you found to be good and clean.

A variety of menu choices and options are available in the Rathanna Bar and Hazelwood Restaurant eg

8oz Sirloin Steak with French Fries, Onion , Mushrooms and Garlic Butter € 17.50

Chicken Stir Fry : Strips of Chicken breast stir-fried with vegetables in an Oriental style sauce served with rice : € 14.50

Full Table d’Hote Dinner is served in the Hazelwood Restaurant
Consisting of Choice of Starters, Main Course with Dessert and Tea or Coffee, costing € 34 per person.

I really am sorry that you were disappointed on this occasion. I would be glad to help you plan a return visit or to discuss your thoughts further if you care to contact the hotel and ask for me at any time.

Reviewed January 7, 2009

We (couple in their thirties) stayed here for three nights from the 28th Dec at 99 Euro pp supervalu deal. It was an excellent stay at this price. Our first impressions of the hotel from the outside didn't augur well but the fantastic rooms and friendly staff certainly made up for it. The rooms were a good size and spotless with lovely lighting. It looked like they were newly refurnished. There was a flat screen TV and Dvd player with a dvd library at reception. There was a choice from three complimentary newspapers everyday. Breakfast was excellent but can be busy during the later service but it is very efficient where your room number is taken and you can read your free newspaper till your table is ready. So no waiting in a line for a table. The leisure centre is good with everything there for the fitness nut. It has a decent bar and Lunch menu. The food looked good. I just had soup which was good. Our evening meal was average but at the price we were paying it was adequate. We enjoyed our stay and loved Sligo. Plenty of beach and mountain walks. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
NorahB, Sales and Marketing Manager at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2009

Dear Crossmaglen Diddler

Thank you for taking the time to let members know of your very positive experience at the Sligo Park Hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and note especially your mention of the fantastic rooms and friendly staff ; the rooms being of good size and spotless with lovely lighting ; the flat screen tv with dvd player and dvd library, newspaper choice, excellent breakfast and smooth efficient service of breakfast. As you say Sligo has lovely beaches and mountains to walk and explore. It is a good idea to plan a return visit as there is so much beautiful scenery and lots of activities to enjoy in the area.
Please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you at any time,