“I may have been harsh last time, I had an exceptional stay this time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sligo Park Hotel

Sligo Park Hotel
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Sligo
Offaly
“I may have been harsh last time, I had an exceptional stay this time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

I've stayed at the Sligo Park Hotel before , 4 years ago. I admit to being a liittle harsh. I stayed again on saturday night and my stay was exceptional.
However, two things haven't changed, and that's the service and the leisure centre which both remain top class. I loved the open fire. Like the service, it was welcoming and homely. My room was immaculate, the food including breakfast was wonderful.
They say 'opinions do change'. Mine certainly has.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank ASle_12
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are really glad to read of your satisfaction with your stay at Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club. We are delighted that you had such a positive experience of the hotel and staff. Thank you for sharing this with us and other Trip Advisor members. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Bernadette Coffey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Had lunch there last week always consistent and tasty .Chef that serves it from the counter always pleasant and looks after you .Nice spot for lunch when your rushing and portions very good . Plenty of parking and very convenient . Nice and busy so always a good sign .will return again very soon .staff nice and friendly too.Boiled bacon was lovely and tasty with a good choice on offer .dessert was lovely too .

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are really glad to read of your satisfaction with your stay at Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club. We are delighted that you had such a positive experience of the hotel, food and staff. Thank you for sharing this with us and other Trip Advisor members. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights. Fantastic room , big clean, comfortable, cosy, warm. Used the gym, did it's job!
Carvery in the bar was terrible, don't waste your money!
Really happy we chose this hotel excellent value for money! Only a couple of minutes drive from town.
We don't use room service so can't comment. And we are not ones to lounge around the public areas, so can't comment on these areas. We like privacy and to enjoy the room , it was quite, good tv, slept very well.
Book this hotel. You would be mad not too!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Leemiranda
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club for your recent visit to Sligo. We are really glad to read of your satisfaction with bedroom and the hotel. We have noted your comment about bar carvey. If you would like to have an opportunity to speak with me in person about this matter, then I would be very pleased to hear from you at any time which may be convenient for you. Please let me know if ever I can be of any assistance to you in any way.
Wexford, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Spent 2 nights here, the room was nice along with a good leisure centre. An enjoyable stay. Only thing is the hotel is located a bit out from the town centre, on our first night we got reception to order us a taxi in (2-3km) to town. We got shafted with €9.70 fare. The following night we paid €7 for a longer trip out of town. I would recommend arranging your own taxi from the hotel and getting a rough estimate on prices before you leave.

Room Tip: Nice view from the room on the 3rd floor of Benbulben mt and the coast
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are really glad to read of your satisfaction with your stay at Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club. We have noted all your comments. Thank you for sharing this with us and with other Trip Advisor members. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

42 people from our retirement association spent 3 nights in this hotel and celebrated the new year 2014 arriving. We were well looked after even though the hotel was full. They were also catering for a large wedding group. But when it came to our meals there was no delay between each serving.( I had a bad experience recently in another hotel where our family went for a meal and the service was terrible, there excuse was that they were catering for a wedding at the same time.) The staff in the Sligo Park are exceptional and Arthur is the most effecient restaurant manager I have come accross in my travels.

Room Tip: Try and get an end room as deviding walls are thin and sound from an adjoining room TV if volume is...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club for your accommodation on your recent New Year’s Celebration trip to Sligo. We are delighted that you had such a positive experience of staff and hotel. Thank you for your positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Letterkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

Myself, my partner and baby stayed here recently, we got a cheap deal from the hotel website, €55 per room for 3 nights so I wasn't expecting much when I booked but I was more than impressed when we arrived. First off the reception staff were so friendly and welcoming, we had a slight issue with our car door that it wouldn't close and my partner mentioned it to the girls on the desk, within minutes they had called the hotel caretaker and he fixed it for us. They went above and beyond their duty to accommodate us. The room we were in was on the third floor and had a lovely big bright window, the room in itself was lovely with plenty of room for our travel cot. The pool was great as we went down there on the Saturday morning, the pool attendant got us sorted with a rubber ring thing for our baby and he loved it.
The only let down for me was the staff in the restaurant and bar. The girl serving us in the restaurant was so quick on her feet she never asked if we wanted drinks or anything with our meal so we only had water and the staff in the bar weren't too friendly, this could be improved on but overall we had a comfortable stay. The location was great too, only a 15minute walk into the town centre which has loads of places to explore.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club for your recent trip to Sligo. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We are really glad to read of your satisfaction with your check-in, bedroom and the leisure club. We have noted all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.
Headford, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Myself and my partner stayed here for 1 night. When we pulled up to the hotel it was evening and to be honest, the outside of the hotel looked very dated and shabby, even with all the Xmas decorations up. There is loads of parking. There's also a petrol station across the road but I have no idea how good a location for Sligo it is as we didn't venture into the town. When we were checking in I had a quick look around the foyer area and it looked the same. Fine but dated. I was delighted with our room though. Well decorated, same as any modern hotel. The beds were comfy, the room was warm, the bathroom was spotless BUT for one thing. The towel to put on the floor when you get out of the shower was filthy. It looked like it had been missed by housekeeping and left there from the last people. Other than that, perfect. Loads of hot water. There was a good few channels on the TV too. We got breakfast to our room in the morning for a small charge. It arrived on time and was lovely and warm. All in all, a good, reasonably priced hotel I'd have no problem staying in again. I only docked the one star because of the dirty towel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ncmono
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club for your recent trip to Sligo. We are really glad to read of your satisfaction with your room and breakfast. Your review raises a number of points which cause concern and we will certainly take your comments on board. Thank you for sharing this with other Trip Advisor members. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.
Kind regards