“Midweek Break”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Sligo
Gorey, Ireland
“Midweek Break”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed for a three night midweek break in the Sligo Park Hotel. Everything was great. We had a large comfortable well equiped room. All the staff were very friendly and efficient. The food was excellent and well presented. Overall we have no complaints and would definately recommend it for a break.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Geoffrey M
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel for your recent midweek trip to Sligo. We are delighted that you had a positive experience of the staff and food. Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Bernadette Coffey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Bangor, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This trip was booked by my parents as an engagement party and I don't think they could have picked any better. A lovely room with very friendly staff. I would personally recommend booking the offer under 'wine and dine' section of the Sligo Park Hotel website,

'Book 2 Nights Bed and Breafast with a 3 course Evening Meal on a Night of your choice and we will give you your 3rd Night B&B TOTALLY FREE!!'

This is what was booked for us and the meal was fantastic! The hotel is only 1km away from the town centre.
Only reason for the 3/5 rating for spa is simply because we didn't use it! But there is a gym and swimming pool & jacuzzi available.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew_lufc_1991
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club. Congratulations on your recent engagement. We are delighted to note your comments on staff, food and comfort at the hotel. Thank you for your positive remarks. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.
Oak Hill, Virginia, USA
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This hotel sits among beautifully maintained gardens and grounds. The hotel itself is very clean. The dining room and food was excellent, as was the staff. However, my room was cold and dark. I was on the first floor with a room with a door that opened onto a patio in a woodland setting. However, there was no light over the desk and the temperature in my room was 68 degrees Fahrenheit. ( I have a travel clock that measures temperature, and it is very accurate). I tried to turn on the radiator (which was stone cold) and nothing happened. The second time I called the desk (no one came the first time), a very nice man brought a space heater. Unfortunately, when the room was cleaned the next day, the space heater was turned off (I assume for safety, which I understand) and when we got back from our tour, the room was stone cold again. I would recommend this hotel for the area (there is an ATM machine in the gas station across the street) , the hotel itself, the staff, and the food, but I would check the room for light and heat if I stayed again.

Room Tip: I would avoid a room in an area where you might possibly be the only one. I was with a tour group o...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Barbara B
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club for your recent visit to Sligo. We are really glad to read of your satisfaction with staff, food and the hotel. We have noted all your comments about bedroom and they will certainly be addressed. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.
derry
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Credit where credits due, usually people only do reviews to complain but having returned from the Sligo park hotel I can honestly say we've nothing but praise for the hotel and it's staff. We were there with 2 young children and another couple and their child and from arrival to departure nothing was a problem for the staff. When we checked in we hadn't noted on the booking that we needed a cot, one was provided and set up within minutes, the rooms were spacious and well maintained. The beds in fact were extremely comfortable best nights sleep I've had outside my own bed in years!! Pool was great kids loved it, staff again couldn't do enough for you providing arm bands etc for children. Only slight complaint was €2 for a swim hat, felt they should be cheaper. Breakfast was another plus, continental & cooked everything was great. Nothing was greasy and everything cooked fresh. Will no doubt stay again.

• Stayed October 2013
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are really glad to read of your satisfaction with your stay at Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club. We are delighted that you had such a positive experience of the hotel and staff. Thank you for sharing this with other Trip Advisor members. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We are just back from a really nice and crazy weekend for a stag of 20.and I would like to thank all the staff. The spa and leisure center.the service was first class. This hotel is a great place to stay. Will stay again for the next one.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club for your accommodation on your recent trip to Sligo. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Room 132 is a non smoking room, however, it's just next to a smoking area. We can smell smoke during the afternoon and evening area when smoke permeates the room from the smoking area. Feedback to hotel staff and they said they can't do anything because it's near the smoking area and room 139 is the smoking room.. They only gave us an air freshener aerosol which we sprayed every few hours. Fortunately, we were not asthmatic, if not, it'll definitely be a health hazard.

Room keys were rather difficult to manage if you're not used to using hotel keys. I had a difficult time every time I open and my husband had to open for me. When I've figured out how to do it, it's nearing the end of our 2 nights' stay. Maybe it's time for the hotel to change to key card system.

We accessed the Leisure Centre. Facilities are not bad. They offer a gym with adequate equipments and my husband went to the swimming pool where there are jacuzzi and steam room to enjoy.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Huishan
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club. We are very concerned to read your review and we are very sorry that your stay was disappointing. We have noted all your comments. Just to advise we are in the process of changing all rooms to non-smoking. It is good to note that your husband enjoyed the swimming pool and the other facilities of the leisure centre. If you would like to have an opportunity to speak with me in person about these matters, then I would be very pleased to hear from you at any time which may be convenient for you. Please let me know if ever I can be of any assistance to you in any way.
Carndonagh, Donegal, Ireland
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night in the Sligo Park Hotel for a workshop there the next day. Really enjoyed it - great autumn special offer, nice staff, good leisure centre and breakfast! Could hear the tv in the next room but that was to only downside. The conference facilities the next day were good too, as was the carvery lunch.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club for your recent visit to Sligo. We are really glad to read of your satisfaction with staff, leisure club and the hotel conference facilities. We have noted all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.